Updating the firmware on the PR System One machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Does updating your machines firmware interest you?

Yes
93%
No
4%
I like to vote in polls.
3%

Total votes: 216

palerider

Re: Updating the firmware on the PR System One machines

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:13 am

squid13 wrote:
Sludge wrote:The PCA, Buzzer Assembly, and Buzzer Holder Assembly are now RoHS-Directive compliant.
Now if you could put that in layman's language it would be greatly appreciated, especially the PCA and RoHS.
printed circuit assembly and reduction of hazardous substances.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:36 pm

Sludge wrote:
squid13 wrote:
JDS74 wrote:The current firmware release is 3.0 so says my
Now if we just knew what was changed or added to make it 3.0,would be nice know. Could be something big or maybe something small.
The PCA, Buzzer Assembly, and Buzzer Holder Assembly are now RoHS-Directive compliant.
Thanks guys, interesting stuff. Here's something that may be of interest. As some of you may know I've long complained about the very loud beeps coming from my 960 (even my brand new one). I finally found out that you can suppress the PR's beeper by about 90% (not sure what that is in dBs) and still have the soft beeps alert you to problems the machine may be having down the road. This is what I call the bed partner friendly modification since the unmodified 950s and 960s beep very loudly when turned off and on. BTW, the hole is on the corner bottom of the machine. Here's a photo I took of my solution. Sorry I can't remember who alerted me to this tip.
As you can see next to the 'X' , there is the cut-off shaft of a standard Q-tip (no cotton) shoved into the hole provided by PR. Take special note, that the Q-tip is also wedged in firmly with the cut off tip of a toothpick which makes the modification solid but it can still later be removed with a small needlenose pliers, if so desired. The pressure with which you shove the Q-tip into the central transducer diaphragm of the buzzer determines to what degree the sound/beeps are attenuated. You can also see an adjacent 'L' shaped receptacle which I high-lited in yellow - this is probably designed to accept some sort of plastic device made by PR ... surprisingly I've never heard of it being available to mere mortals or even DMEs. I speculated early this year that this access hole was probably for use in nursing homes or hospitals where the loud (very loud!) beeps normally issued from the 950 and 960 series machines can be toned down so other adjacent sleepers aren't awakened. That's just a guess. Anyway,I thought I'd offer this info up since we were talking about RoHS and beeper assembly.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 pm

The "L" shaped grove is to route the cord through to get it to come out the side and bottom, it also acts as a stress relief, to prevent the plug from pulling out, however it will not work with the new larger cords,
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:58 pm

grayghost4 wrote:The "L" shaped grove is to route the cord through to get it to come out the side and bottom, it also acts as a stress relief, to prevent the plug from pulling out, however it will not work with the new larger cords,
I also noticed my cord wouldn't fit in the 'L' shaped slot... so that's why I was thinking it was for some beep suppressor fitting. This may be one of life's minor mysteries that we'll never know the answer to

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:08 pm

the earler cords were thinner
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

cnaumann

Post by cnaumann » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm

The PCA, Buzzer Assembly, and Buzzer Holder Assembly are now RoHS-Directive compliant.
I am not sure why that would require a firmware change. I suppose if could be a PCB revision that required a firmware change.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Sir NoddinOff wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:The "L" shaped grove is to route the cord through to get it to come out the side and bottom, it also acts as a stress relief, to prevent the plug from pulling out, however it will not work with the new larger cords,
I also noticed my cord wouldn't fit in the 'L' shaped slot... so that's why I was thinking it was for some beep suppressor fitting. This may be one of life's minor mysteries that we'll never know the answer to
not having one to poke at, I believe that grayghost4 is right about that being a cord routing... the channel with tabs in it is typical of such things, the charging bases on my phones have a u shaped channel to route the wire to keep from pulling the pulg out of them.

typical engineering fail to not make the channel big enough to handle a larger cord size... it'd have been easy enough to mold in a second channel.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WRX03

Post by WRX03 » Mon May 09, 2016 6:21 am

I didn't read all the post so if I'm duplicating what someone else said.

Update 2.55. 1. detection of a bad or incorrect power supply and gives it a error code#. 2. Improve detection of an occlude flow sensor.
Update 3.06. 1. Improve modem communication. 2. ??not sure, something if the clock is reset backwards in time and the 1 day statistics not getting dumped. (day light savings time?)

exclusive

Post by exclusive » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:00 am

Hello All,

Let's me refresh this topic :)
Is there any possibility to upgrade PR S1 560p firmware? Now I have v3.02, but it looks like latest version can be 3.06. But i didn't found any change-log (probably it is not public).
Did someone made reverse engineering, flash dump, etc?

Thanks.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:45 am

Yes, we all do it, we like playing with our medical devices, instead of using them for what we bought them for. Last week I flashed mine so that it makes the display, into 4K 48 inch LED Flat screen T.V.... Personally when I want to play I go out into the closet and get out my blocks, it's safer. :| :| Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 pm

I replaced my ResMeds OS with Linux.

I've installed CPod to play my podcasts. Turns off as soon as I fall asleep. I've also configured it to run Transmission, my torrent client. I'm a little worried that Transmission might interrupt my therapy, so it only runs when my AHI is below 1.5.

exclusive

Post by exclusive » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:45 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:00 pm
I replaced my ResMeds OS with Linux.

I've installed CPod to play my podcasts. Turns off as soon as I fall asleep. I've also configured it to run Transmission, my torrent client. I'm a little worried that Transmission might interrupt my therapy, so it only runs when my AHI is below 1.5.
By the way, I patched firmware to mine cryptocurrency (ETH) on every inhaling. Soon I can modify firmware on every device remotely (for those who has wireless module).