how good is RemZzzs liner to prevent mask leaks?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepgem

how good is RemZzzs liner to prevent mask leaks?

Post by sleepgem » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi,

I am struggling with mask leaks with full face mask ResMed Mirage Quattro. My doctor suggested to use liners called RemZzzs.

http://www.remzzzs.com/Full-Face-CPAP-M ... s-s/31.htm
http://www.cpapxchange.com/cpap-supplie ... bAodPWfmIA

They could get expensive if used regularly. So, before purchasing it, I wanted to ask if anyone uses it and if it really helps prevent full face mask leaks?

Thanks.
sleepgem

bayourest

Re: how good is RemZzzs liner to prevent mask leaks?

Post by bayourest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:13 pm

i have never used Remzzzs but I remember reading on this forum that someone washes and re-uses them.I use a padacheek liner and it helps the comfort level a lot. There are also some posts about home made liners from old t shirts and they seem very good too.

sleepgem

Post by sleepgem » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:21 pm

bayourest wrote:padacheek liner
Thanks. Also, great to hear that it helps you w/ the comfort level a lot. Does it help prevent leaks? I'd like to know if lines help anyone to really stop leaks. Thanks.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:28 pm

i found the material tickled my skin.

Check out pad a cheeks mask liners.

http://www.padacheek.com/PAC_Maskliners.html

They are very soft and smooth micro fiber fabric that is durable enough to wash and re-use many times over. So it should last you a long time and work out cheaper than the RemZzzzs

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:31 pm

I have read a lot of discussion on the forum about acceptable leak levels. My doctor said that "30" is acceptable for my s9 machine. I just dont know what to think about it. If it is not blowing in my eyes or making squealing or otherwise annoying sounds I think it's"ok". If it feels comfortable and is not noisy I tend to be happy with it. I've only been doing this since nov so ??? I think the liners help a lot with comfort. I've used both pad a cheek and old t shirt and I like both. Since I've had a liner I no longer have to use a gel pad on my nose to prevent abrasions. so ???

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:56 am

I believe they sell sample packs of about 6 liners or so that you could try before investing in a big pack.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:33 am

If you like Remzzs, save one (for the shape) and cut your own from soft thin t-shirt material. Thats what I do to save money. They help with comfort and prevent oil build up on my mask cushion which for me leads to leaks. I have oily complexion. Also same helps if you use lotion on your face at bedtime (anti-wrinkle creams etc.).

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

charliemack

Post by charliemack » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:34 am

RemZzzs mask liners are great. I started using them about two years ago when I experienced the leaking mask noise. I searched the internet, found the web site, ordered my sample, had excellent results and have not been without since. I use one for two nights and get good results but after that they are not too effective. Washing seems to be ok but that is up to you to experiment and try.

Tip10

Post by Tip10 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:46 am

They don't list them for my mask so I sent them a note asking if they had any for the Quatro FX and they were generous enough to send me a sample pack to try out. I've tried the liners with my Quatro FX a couple of times now. They are a bit harder to work with this mask because of the methods of putting it on.
They definitely made wearing the mask much much more comfortable but, unfortunately for me, my leaks jumped up significantly when using them.
I've seen the reports of others who have had them help their leaks so I believe its a lot like masks -- individual and YMMV.

I don't suffer from Insanity -- I rather enjoy it!!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

E-mail Karen at padacheeks, she is great and will help with any and all questions. Her liner will last and last, and you can chuck it into the washer.
She is working on liners for other masks too.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Remzzs have an inherent built in leak as they are made out of a t-shirt like material but I have found that it prevents the oil from my complexion from getting on my mask cushion. An oily cushoin is a source of leaks for me. For me a recently washed cushion works well but starts to leak as the facial oil builds up. Using the Remzzs I no longer have this problem although you do feel some air pushing through the material. It also minimizes the marks the mask leaves on my face and nose making my Resmed Quattro more comfortable. I make my own using a thin white cotton blend I purchased at the fabric store. Sorry Remzzs.

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

JacksonDan

Post by JacksonDan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:50 am

sleepgem wrote:Hi,

I am struggling with mask leaks with full face mask ResMed Mirage Quattro. My doctor suggested to use liners called RemZzzs.

http://www.remzzzs.com/Full-Face-CPAP-M ... s-s/31.htm
http://www.cpapxchange.com/cpap-supplie ... bAodPWfmIA

They could get expensive if used regularly. So, before purchasing it, I wanted to ask if anyone uses it and if it really helps prevent full face mask leaks?

Thanks.
sleepgem
I'm a newbie. Finished 2nd night on cpap. In the middle of first night, very loud horn like noises coming from leaks near eye. Called DME, they gave
me a free sample of remzzz. On this past 2nd night improved leaking. Not perfect, but still messing with it.

Regarding cost, DME says that medicare will cover it.

247geeks

Post by 247geeks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 pm

I have been using RemZzzs mask liners for about 6 months. I love them. I too have oily skin which leads to mask leaks. Since I started using the liner, only an occasional leak. I was also having problems with skin irritation and that is gone. I use a liner for a couple of days instead of a new one each day.

Becky at RemZzzs

Post by Becky at RemZzzs » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi!

My name is Becky. I work for the company that makes RemZzzs. I would love to share a free sample with you and everyone else. Just email me (social@remzzzs.com or call me (877-473-6999,ext 4). I will need your name, mask name and cushion size. We make liners for Full Face, Nasal and now the Respironics FitLife Mask. Feel free to pass on my name, contact info, etc...

I can't wait to hear from you!

Becky Bennett
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs
social@remzzzs.com
877-473-6999, ext 4
http://www.twitter.com/RemZzzs
http://www.facebook.com/RemZzzs
LinkedIn: use email of social@remzzzs.com
Becky Bennett
RemZzzs Personal Customer Care Rep & Social Media Consultant
Naturs Design, Inc - the makers of RemZzzs

RemZzzs... Let yourself dream again
Prouldy Made in the USA

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks Becky!