getting the aura today

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Teej813

Post by Teej813 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:26 pm

Ron,
I'm with you! I've had the Aura for about a month now. I still haven't had a decent night's sleep with it because of the leaks. I've bent the wires as much as i dare without restricting air flow. It's just not designed for my head, i guess.

Snoozie,
I agree; the headgear is not comfortable no matter how i adjust it. The straps are too long, and the velcro creates an uncomfortable bulge that i always seem to end up lying on. Makes me wonder if i have it adjusted right.

I've managed to wear it all night only a couple times. Most nights, I end up going back to my Activa. If you do end up buying another mask as a back up, the Activa is a great way to go.

I'm just now reading RestedGal's suggestion for removing the lock box, and i'm seriously considering it. I was really jazzed about getting the Aura. But it's been a disappointment for me thus far.

tj

Started CPAP on 5/27/05
CPAP Works! Some nights are better than others, but when i sleep, i'm sleeping WAY better.

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:56 pm

viewtopic.php?t=6290

Maybe this can help someone.
L o R i

Colorado Jan

Post by Colorado Jan » Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:39 pm

Oh, I am really glad I found this thread and that so much of the past information on the Aura has been referenced here as well. I got one and it just doesn't knock my socks off at all. I have to tie it on at nose level to get any kind of a seal and then I've never had anything in my entire life do such a job on my hair! I cannot figure out how that stuff just sitting on top of your head can get your hair all matted up like that! Plus the headgear just seems heavy and cumbersome. Yes, it doesn't touch your face, but they increased the headgear ten-fold to get that happening.

So I'm seriously considering RG's drastic reconstruction of the Aura. What the heck, it is just sitting in my drawer currently....

Now if we can just think of some adjustment to the Activa so it doesn't suck the life right out of your face.....

Jan in Colo.

jcarn

Post by jcarn » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:26 am

I posted this fix a while back and it seems to have helped many Aura users get a better seal. Unfortunately it doesn't do much to alleviate the hair issue:

viewtopic.php?t=5962&

Snoozie

Post by Snoozie » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:23 am

TJ,

Don't give up on it. I was ready to retire mine and just kept pulling it out and putting it on. Now I really like it. I haven't had a problem getting a seal, although sometimes when I flip over from side to side I have to do a slight pillow adjustment, and it does takea while to get used to the headgear, but I have adjusted quite nicely, though it did take a lot of time and patience. Now, I am almost liking it more that the Swift, although I do rotate between the two. Jcarns rubber band trick is great also for a lot of people.

Jan,

I don't think there is anything that will help the hair. On days I want the hair to look good, I wear the Swift. It is a little kinder. Usually I was my hair in the AM so it is not a big problem, but sometimes I wash it before going to bed and that is a problem.

...Maggie

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:30 am

Maggie and Jan,

If your hair matts down from the Aura, you can always do a tiny spot blow dry job on just the front if you don't wash it in the AM. You don't even have to wet it. Just use a round brush and a blow dryer on low and voila! Good as new. I've been doing that my whole life on mornings I've showered the night before. It doesn't harm your hair, either. You can also use a tiny bit of water from a spray bottle if your hair is exceptionally dry so you don't harm the hair. Yes, I used to be a licensed hairdresser MANY years ago. If that is the ONLY reason you dislike the Aura, I wouldn't give up on it for that.

L o R i

Jerry69

Post by Jerry69 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:33 am

jcarn wrote:I posted this fix a while back and it seems to have helped many Aura users get a better seal. Unfortunately it doesn't do much to alleviate the hair issue:

viewtopic.php?t=5962&
Thanks, I'm going to try it, but still going to order the x-large nasal seal.

You still using the rubber bands?

http://cpapsuperstore.com/Merchant2/mer ... ssoriesaei

Jerry Image

Ave. AHI after therapy = 0.5
Ave. Snore Index = <10
Current pressure = 9 cm

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:01 am

Jerry,

Don't know if you read this reply which contains the link to the XL pillows. They are now available for purchase. Hope it works for you.

viewtopic.php?t=6290
L o R i

Jerry69

X-large Aura nasal seals

Post by Jerry69 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:26 am

Sleepless on LI wrote:Jerry,

Don't know if you read this reply which contains the link to the XL pillows. They are now available for purchase. Hope it works for you.

viewtopic.php?t=6290
Yes, Lori, I saw that and ordered one. Thanks.

Looks like you were able to change your avatar? Evidently, it's working, again.

I'm going to try to re-apply mine.

Jerry Image

Ave. AHI after therapy = 0.5
Ave. Snore Index = <10
Current pressure = 9 cm

More Info

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:55 pm

[quote="wading thru the muck!"][/quote]

Can someone provide me with more info about ""?