Where can I sell my ResMed Escape 2 CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Monte

Re: Where can I sell my ResMed Escape 2 CPAP

Post by Monte » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:40 am

chunkyfrog wrote:To 'monte':
Just in case you don't 'get' it yet, people are to be treated with respect regardless of their race or creed.
We do not use the 'n' word or the 'j' word here in a derogatory sense.
Furthermore, since you did not respond to my inquiry about your 'aunt',
may I assume you are trying to use this forum to fence stolen equipment.
No thank you, sir.
My Aunt passed away if you must know and if I need to I will be glad to email you a scan of the obituary. And as far as the J word . Jew is a normal word not racist. I am Jewish if you must know so get over yourself. I haven't had the best treatment on here if you'll look at the posts above thinking I have stolen equipment and trying to cheap people. I may just forget all this and throw the thing in the trash since it is worth nothing to anyone.

jules

Post by jules » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:18 am

Let's see -

first you say it is your machine then you say it was your aunt's machine - she had it for 3 months and used it 30 hours

I doubt it was her machine - most insurance requires compliance at the rate of 70 % of the nights in possesion for a minimum of 4 hr/night. With my weak math skills, I can't get anywhere close to 70 % of 3 months when the machine was used for at most 7 nights of use. Maybe you can help me with my math and explain it to me (and others).

So the machine could very well be "hot".

The machine isn't the kind of machine (no data) most forum members are looking for.

You don't seem to want to list the machine on craigslist or donate it to a charity but you want money. I suggest you contact the DME she got it from and ask them if they want it back before you find yourself with bills for the purchase of it.

Monte

Post by Monte » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 am

jules wrote:Let's see -

first you say it is your machine then you say it was your aunt's machine - she had it for 3 months and used it 30 hours

I doubt it was her machine - most insurance requires compliance at the rate of 70 % of the nights in possesion for a minimum of 4 hr/night. With my weak math skills, I can't get anywhere close to 70 % of 3 months when the machine was used for at most 7 nights of use. Maybe you can help me with my math and explain it to me (and others).

So the machine could very well be "hot".

The machine isn't the kind of machine (no data) most forum members are looking for.

You don't seem to want to list the machine on craigslist or donate it to a charity but you want money. I suggest you contact the DME she got it from and ask them if they want it back before you find yourself with bills for the purchase of it.
Not everyone uses insurance or medicare or medicaid like you probably do. She had to buy this outright and this was hers. This machine is listed on Craigslist as of yesterday. I will probably donate it to someone but all of you on here even though you probably have the money you think everyone should give you something. Jules you worry yourself entirely too much if you aren't interested. Do you have nothing in your life or no one? Get a hobby.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:43 am

I think this thread started out on a right note with no bad intent.

When suspicion and mistrust are expressed, then it just becomes "tit for tat" and everyone looks bad indeed.

Read the whole thread carefully and watch it deteriorate into name calling and attacks. Sad.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

kteague

Post by kteague » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:55 am

Hawthorne wrote:I think this thread started out on a right note with no bad intent. When suspicion and mistrust are expressed, then it just becomes "tit for tat" and everyone looks bad indeed. Read the whole thread carefully and watch it deteriorate into name calling and attacks. Sad.
Agree.

As far as the invitation to "jew him down", I am not so quick to take offense. There are many phrases that have been commonly used by people who have never really thought through the implications. This is one of them. I was way into adulthood before I realized it is a stereotype, and goes beyond saying Jews are shrewd business people. It implies Jews will manipulate others to their own advantage. Not a nice picture, but how many have actually thought that through? Same with saying someone might "gyp" you. It's stereotype paints all those known as gypsies as dishonest. The list of slurs is quite long. Each of us has to evaluate our communications to see if what we say truly represents what we believe about others. I just don't think everyone intends offense.

Monte, please accept my condolences in the loss of your aunt.

Kathy

Sig

Post by Sig » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 am

Wow why do people always rip in to others when they try to sell items on here. People pay good money for these machines and if they want to sell it for whatever amount the like then so be it. No need to insult, abuse and argue over it. If you don't like the price then tough luck...move on...try goodwill.