Where can I sell my ResMed Escape 2 CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Monte

Re: Where can I sell my ResMed Escape 2 CPAP

Post by Monte » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:37 pm

It is not an Escape it is an Escape 2 with the heated humidifier. Here is a link.
This is what they sell for new.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... D8Q8wIwAA#

jules

Post by jules » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:44 pm

if it is in excellent shape it is worth maybe $100 to people here - try craigslist to rip people off - people here know it isn't worth $900

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 pm

Hey...You can put whatever price you want on the item, but, chances are it will not sell if you are unrealistic. It's probably worth $200 MAX. You may have to take less.

Monte

Post by Monte » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:59 pm

jules why would you say I would be trying to rip someone off you don't know me in any way. You are right I only know what I can look up and research on the internet. I know that nothing sells like new but like I said there are used ones out there selling a little better than 100 bucks. If you can find the same unit as the one I have here selling for $100 then I will give it away to someone who needs it. But you can't because I have looked for 3 days on where they sell and how much for. You do not need to be disrespectful by saying it is worth $100 to someone on here and go rip someone off on craigslist. If you aren't interested then hold your tongue and don't look at my thread.

I also feel as though I need to clear this up. I DO NOT WANT NOR AM I ASKING FOR $900. I am simply showing that is what unit it is and that's the information I found online. I am simply asking for money to recoup some expenses on the cleanup of my aunts apartment. Anything is better than nothing and if you are interested in it please feel free to pm me. Thank You

jules

Post by jules » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:10 pm

list is on cpapauction.com and see what you get ------

in the mean time last I knew there was very little censorship on this site and I can say what I want and post on what thread I want to also

cflame1

Post by cflame1 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Resmed isn't allowed to be listed on cpap auction Jules

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:18 pm

It may not be worth $900 as that site says but, a little search told me that a new one on cpap.com costs $722.

If is in good shape with that few hours on it then it should sell for $200 to $300. People here want a good deal on a fully data capable machine so it may not sell here. Many of us know too much about these machines and their capabilities. It would still be a pretty decent backup machine if it is that new and that little used.

It's too bad you can't sell it on the auction site. Someone there is asking a starting bid of $450 for several new Intellipap Autoadjusts when you can buy it new for about $422 on Secondwind. He has not had any bids. Another mask and mask parts seller is asking way too much for an auction site for items - sometimes way more than a new one on an internet site. To me, that is ripping people off - not what Monte is doing.

Unfortunately, you can't sell Resmed poducts on cpap auction.com.

You should state a price here Monte and see if anyone PMs you.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

jules

Post by jules » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:26 pm

cflame1 wrote:Resmed isn't allowed to be listed on cpap auction Jules
forgot about that - so craigslist is the way to go

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:56 pm

The gently used Escape II model, like yours, is for sale on secondwindcpap.com for $249.00. They do a full sanitizing and inspection and offer a 6 month warranty on their used machines. No one, in their right mind or knew what they were looking at, would pay $900 for a machine that is out of date and offers no efficacy data. There is one born every minute, tho....

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:40 pm

Monte, how is your aunt doing? It would be good if she has a data-capable machine; as I would want one for any relative of mine.
Sadly, medical equipment is notoriously over-priced at the retail level, and depreciation is radical and immediate.
You will be lucky indeed to get anywhere near what you hope.

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:26 pm

I asked the selling price of the machine and was told $400 cash. No travel bag include. I did not ask if there were smokers or pets in the home. The price alone was more than my budget can handle right now.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

Monte

Post by Monte » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:37 pm

Emilia wrote:The gently used Escape II model, like yours, is for sale on secondwindcpap.com for $249.00. They do a full sanitizing and inspection and offer a 6 month warranty on their used machines. No one, in their right mind or knew what they were looking at, would pay $900 for a machine that is out of date and offers no efficacy data. There is one born every minute, tho....
This one from secondwindcpap.com doesn't come with the heated humidifier as I have said numerous times.

I will sell this one for a great deal if someone really wants it, just make an offer jew me down I dont care. lol
I told you 400 before I knew anything more than the last one on ebay that sold for 500 so if you want it shoot me an offer it never hurts to ask.

dtsm

Post by dtsm » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:24 pm

Monte wrote: I will sell this one for a great deal if someone really wants it, just make an offer jew me down I dont care. lol
Excuse me?

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:42 pm

I think "Monte" needs to find a new website and leave.

C

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:30 pm

To 'monte':
Just in case you don't 'get' it yet, people are to be treated with respect regardless of their race or creed.
We do not use the 'n' word or the 'j' word here in a derogatory sense.
Furthermore, since you did not respond to my inquiry about your 'aunt',
may I assume you are trying to use this forum to fence stolen equipment.
No thank you, sir.