ResMed S9 Giving Me Dry Mouth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Scooby

Re: ResMed S9 Giving Me Dry Mouth

Post by Scooby » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:42 am

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem with the S9 w/ humidifier using Full Face mask, setting the humidity to 6 max. I had the S8 w/ Humidaire 4i for 3 years and the humidity was great. Now I wake up twice a night because my mouth gets completely dried up. Took the S9 back to Resmed twice and they said everything is fine... According to the specs, the S9 humidifier is supposed to be better than the 4i, but I am not feeling it and about to give up on the S9.

Scooby

pbhound

Post by pbhound » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:00 pm

I'm glad that I am not the only one to have this issue. As far as I know my mouth does not open while I sleep (it is possibly but unlikely; I tend to suck my tongue to the roof of my mouth). I have tried varing the temp from 82 to 78, I will try lower (74) tonight but dought it will fix it. I sleep on my side and have not have an issue like this with my last two machines until I got the S9 with H5i. I originally had the S8 with H4i and then some restronics unit.

any help would be great.

Thanks

SleepyWayne

Post by SleepyWayne » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Where/how do you see/set the temperature numbers? I only see how to set the humidity from 1-6.

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 pm

SleepyWayne wrote:Where/how do you see/set the temperature numbers? I only see how to set the humidity from 1-6.
If you don't have a separate menu item for temp, then you'll have to turn that on in the clinician's menu. Here's a video that will show you how.
http://vimeo.com/18804483

Edit - The originally set my machine at 80. Way too hot for me. Felt like I was being smothered. Found that a temp of 72 was good for me.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 am

SleepyWayne wrote:Where/how do you see/set the temperature numbers? I only see how to set the humidity from 1-6.
Do you have the heated hose? I THINK you only get the temperature choice if you have the heated hose.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

jen4700

Post by jen4700 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 am

archangle wrote:
Do you have the heated hose? I THINK you only get the temperature choice if you have the heated hose.
This may be true. But I have the heated hose and I only had combo temp/humid control until I changed the settings in the clinician's menu.

Rich B.

Post by Rich B. » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Before I go to bed I use either Biotene dry mouth rinse or Gel-Cam gel. I trade off every other night. They were recommended by my dentist.

The downside of dry mouth is an increase in cavities.

Best I can say is that they work pretty well. No cavities yet either.

I have a ResMed s9 and have the setting on 4% humidity.