heated hose

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bdp522

Re: heated hose

Post by bdp522 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 am

stevesgrl98;
I have never had rainout, I use the Heated hose just to keep my nose warm. The cold air was so cold it actually made my nose hurt. The nice warmer air is just right for me. I use it all year round.

Brenda

stevesgrl98

Post by stevesgrl98 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:48 pm

bdp522 wrote:stevesgrl98;
I have never had rainout, I use the Heated hose just to keep my nose warm. The cold air was so cold it actually made my nose hurt. The nice warmer air is just right for me. I use it all year round.

Brenda
Thanks, Brenda. I will be getting a heated hose soon.
Shannon

sleepyb

Post by sleepyb » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:32 pm

Just tried out my new Aussie hose. Love it. With the house temp getting down in the low 40's at night it was getting pretty bad. The cold air from the machine would chill my face then the warm air from my nose would warm it. over and over. It was like someone turning on and off the hot water in the shower. Then the machine was not putting out any humidity because of the cold so I had to set it to the "classic" setting. This caused a mask full of water. When I got this machine I asked about the heated hose offered with some other machines but he told me that just wrapping the hose would be fine and heated hoses were overrated. When I found this thread I just had to try it. Wonderful. Thanks all!

trytryagain

Post by trytryagain » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:45 pm

I just had my first night with a heated hose but never even thought to unplug it from the machine as I never did my standard hose. Why should I? The machine isn't running so why would it matter?

kempo

Post by kempo » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:58 pm

You should NOT have to unplug the climateline hose.