Nasal Pillows, Lanolin, and Software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
skylark40

Re: Nasal Pillows, Lanolin, and Software

Post by skylark40 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:02 pm

As a side note on the software; I purchased Encoreviewer 2.0 and found out the hard way it won't install on my 64-bit computer. Not sure if the 64-bit version is out or available to the general public, though.

resistance

Post by resistance » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Jman2010 wrote:Hell, I'll scrape the nasal pillows off if I have to if it means I'm no longer tired all day and feel rested in the morning.
Glad to hear it makes you feel rested. CPAP works for everyone, but works even better for some. And I guess you are one of those lucky people:)

cwied

Post by cwied » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:15 pm

skylark40 wrote:As a side note on the software; I purchased Encoreviewer 2.0 and found out the hard way it won't install on my 64-bit computer. Not sure if the 64-bit version is out or available to the general public, though.
There are ways around this. The easiest is to install on a 32-bit computer and then copy the directory to your 64-bit computer. The only thing that actually doesn't work on 32 bit is apparently the smart-card driver for the older CPAP machines. If you have a System One, you don't need that.

There may also be a way to hack the installer to ignore the restriction. People have done this for iTunes: http://sites.google.com/site/yukichigai/iphonex64

I ended up with a Resmed machine, not Respironics, so I don't actually have the EncoreViewer software to look at to see if this is possible, but if someone is adventurous, it might be something to explore.