ResScan Question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slartybartfast

ResScan Question

Post by Slartybartfast » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm

Every time I download the data from my SD card, the downloading is interrupted about 71% of the way through the progress by a message asking me whether I wanto to overwrite data. Anybody know what that's all about?

Curious mind and all that.

robysue

Re: ResScan Question

Post by robysue » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:41 pm

I get the message too. I routinely say "overwrite" the data. But note that I always make a backup of the raw data in a different folder before I download the data into ResScan. That way if something bad does happen, I can recover by copying the backed up data onto a standard, blank SD card and using that card to download the data again if need be.

Good luck

Nord

Post by Nord » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:49 pm

Slartybartfast wrote:Every time I download the data from my SD card, the downloading is interrupted about 71% of the way through the progress by a message asking me whether I wanto to overwrite data. Anybody know what that's all about?

Curious mind and all that.
You should always choose " Discard " because if you choose otherwise... the info will be overwritten including changes that thye SD card has made and it will change the "days" that you have already saved.

Choosing Discard will only write to those areas that haven't been written to your software yet.

Nord

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm with Nord on the Discard.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:42 pm

It depends. For instance, if I did a download of my data after noon on the 17th, I would get data for both the 17th and the 18th but the 18th would be blank. Now on the 19th if I downloaded my data and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the data for the 18th I would most definitely want to say YES so that the blank 18th data would be replaced w/the actual data for the 18th.

Or - lets say that you downloaded your data the morning of the 20th, but then before noon took a nap which you finished before noon. When you download your data on the 21st and get the Overwrite/Discard question for the 20th you would want to say yes to Overwrite so that you get that morning's nap data as well.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Just for grins, I reloaded my data from the last week or so. This time I didn't hit "overwrite." And the results was the same. I looked at the first data and the last data (dates) and they're the same. Perhaps since I hit "overwrite" this morning it placed the data there and when I reloaded, not overwriting, it left everything there. I'll try not overwriting tomorrow and see what it does.

I guess I don't understand what it's overwriting. The earlier downloaded data or the most recent data?

Mebbe I need to curl up this evening with the ResScan manual . . .

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:32 pm

From what I understand it would only overwrite data that had already been downloaded, so unless there was a change, as someone suggested you took a nap on the day after you downloaded data (provided it was before the cutoff time when the new data starts, usually noon). I don't guess it would matter unless that was the case. I wish these things would allow you to download only new data. I don't use the card, but download from the machine, so it records the whole record evertime.

kempo

Post by kempo » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:37 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:I'm with Nord on the Discard.
Uncle Bob, I have always clicked on overwrite and have had no problems after four months but if you say dicard I'll try that tomorrow.

jlk

Post by jlk » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 pm

I download every morning....discard! john

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 pm

NOTICE that ResScan will indicate a DATE that it is asking you about data Overwriting or Discarding.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Duckie

Post by Duckie » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 am

If you use two card the discard is very important. It copys what is on the card in the machine so if you have a couple days on a different card they would be erased. I have two card so when I mail it into the DME I can continue getting data

kempo

Post by kempo » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:21 am

I clicked on discard this morning and everything worked just fine. Thanks everyone for the info.