Let's talk about CPAP noise.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: Let's talk about CPAP noise.

Post by prodigyplace » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:23 pm

ru-ss wrote:My Respironics Remstar Auto System One started making a lot of noise at about 6500-7000 hours. It got so bad at 7500 hours that I was about to throw it away, until.... The noise was a vibrating noise that spiked between inhale and exhale. When it first started bothering me, I found that if I pressed on the top of the unit, the noise would go away, so I got some temporary relief by putting an elastic band around the unit. But the noise returned and despite any elastic configuration, it became unbearable. A firm hand pressure on the top of the unit would quiet it, but that is hardly conducive to sleeping.
Here's how I solved the problem: I took the pump unit apart--not the humidifier unit. There are two long torx screws, I think T-15. You pull off the control knob and lift the top cover off, revealing a clear plastic case for the black, round motor. I took the top of the clear case off, with another torx driver, I think T-10. I pulled the motor up and put three green felt sticky round cushions under the motor, placing them near the mounting holes. These sticky felt rounds are designed to stick to the bottom of a flower pot, etc. Reassembled with every screw tightened well, and, voila! No noise whatsover.
Why resurrect a 7 year old thread to say that??

I guess your ISP is Shentel since the stupid forum thinks you also posted as me.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.