Marks on the Face

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LoQ

Re: Marks on the Face

Post by LoQ » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:--Is this the place to put the panyliners?
That's a pretty darn good idea. You could stick them right to the inside of the strap so they would stay in place all night. Brilliant!

sleepyprm

Post by sleepyprm » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 pm

And you can choose between the minis and the "wide with wings!!!"

dizzy1

Post by dizzy1 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Hey all I'm new here but I wish I would've found this place years ago when I started CPAP therapy. Anyway I too have problems with marks on my face. They used to go away within a couple hours. But lately I've developed what seems to be a permanent double wrinkle along my nose where one side of my Mirage quattro full face mask sits. In the right lighting it looks really bad. I'm only 26, I shouldn't have wrinkles for crying out loud. Granted, I have had a problem with overtightening in recent months as my mask wasn't the right size. I've gotten that sorted out but the mark still doesn't go away. I also have red, flaky skin in the general mask areas (cheeks, nose, forehead). I've never noticed it in my 3 years of CPAP use until the last month or so. I've been using the RemZZZs every night, sometimes even TWO of them, and it still doesn't seem to help. What's the deal with this padacheek? What's it made out of? How long will one of them last me? Do you think it would help me? I'm looking into getting one of those CPAP pillows since I believe the problem is that I predominately sleep on my side causing the mask to jam into the other side of my face. But I toss and turn so much during the night I don't know how I'd ever stay on one of those pillows and keep my mask in that indented mask area. Any help would be much appreciated...

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:46 pm

dizzy1,

The padacheek mask liner is made out of some kind of micro fleece. It is soft, flexible, but not stretchy and very thin. It feels good against my skin and covers every bit of where the silicone touches.

I've also tried the cpap pillow with the cuttouts for the mask. That didn't work for me, as the cuttouts didn't line up with where my mask was. I think the pillows are a pretty personal thing. Everybody has their favorite. You just have to try different ones and see what works for you.

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

PJ the DJ

Post by PJ the DJ » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:52 pm

Dizzy,

With the Quattro, I use the Remzzzs sometimes, but I also use the liner I got from Padacheek sometimes as well as my own homemade liners patterned after the Remzzzs but cut from old T-shirts. The Padacheek liner is nice. It's soft but durable. I find it a little warm in the summer, but I am betting I will like it more in the winter. It's a little thicker than the Remzzzs and I think it's worth trying.
To sleep, perchance to dream. —Hamlet

skylark40

Post by skylark40 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:30 am

LoQ wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:--Is this the place to put the panyliners?
That's a pretty darn good idea. You could stick them right to the inside of the strap so they would stay in place all night. Brilliant!
I'm going to give this a try tonight. I actually use my chin strap to help keep the tape on my mouth sealed...drooling, anyway, it's a long story. The chin strap leaves terrible marks, makes me look like I have cat whiskers or I've have been engaging in some adventurous bedroom activities. I'll let you fill in the blanks.

dizzy1

Post by dizzy1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 am

Thank you to Outasync and PJ the DJ for the replies. I ordered a Padacheek mask liner today. It's worth a shot. The reason I ask what it's made of is that the website won't tell you. It says 'Would you ask Colonel Sanders for his recipe?'. LOL! I'm not trying to steal their recipe. I've been having an skin reaction to something in recent weeks and my doc and I can't seem to figure out what. That's another reason I'm not loving the RemZZZs. They won't tell you what it's made of either. But I doubt I'm having a reaction to whatever cotton/fiber blend these things are made of. Even so, I see a lot of people make their own mask liners and I could try that if I have to. Thanks again!

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:21 pm

Oh I am sorry the website is not clear. The PAD A CHEEK Mask Liner is made from microfiber Polyester. It is a very durable and dense fabric but extremely soft to the touch. I researched, tested and studied before I settled on this fabric for the liner. I strive to buy only the very best quality materials for our products. I don't want to buy things myself that do not last, so I assume that most people want things of quality as well.

If you ever have any questions about anything on the website, feel free to PM me, I will be happy to help.

Karen

skylark40

Post by skylark40 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:30 pm

As a follow up with the panty liner suggestion, I am sad to report they don't work well on chin straps. I lined the chin "cup" too because my strap has seams in this cup that leave huge marks. The liners make it too slippery to stay on your chin. I imagine they would work well for other straps on other masks, though. Perhaps they would work well to tape your mouth shut??

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:40 am

skylark40 wrote:Perhaps they would work well to tape your mouth shut??
They might take care of the drool! That's brilliant!

Treesap

Post by Treesap » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 pm

I use PadaCheeks, but I still get marks. The marks are reduced when I use PadACheeks. Mine usually go away by the time I go to work. I usually get up 1.5 hours before I have to go to work. I get in the shower first thing in the morning.

[edited to correct mistake.]
Last edited by Treesap on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skylark40

Post by skylark40 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm

LoQ wrote:
skylark40 wrote:Perhaps they would work well to tape your mouth shut??
They might take care of the drool! That's brilliant!
I hate to admit I'd thought of that...

dizzy1

Post by dizzy1 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Karen. Been using my Padacheek mask liner for a few nights and so far so good. It doesn't do a lot more for me than the RemZZZs do in terms of marks but it helps. What I like about it is the material. It's comfortable and seems very durable. It's nice not to have to change it every night like the Remzzz. I had to cut the hole a lot larger but once I did it was so comfortable and it's definitely reducing the leaking. Thank you for making such a quality product. It's going to be a lifesaver for me since I'm stuck with a mask that doesn't fit for the next 2+ months. Thanks again, take care.

MARN

Post by MARN » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Don't judge me..... cut a pantyliner and stick it to your face under the pressure area!!! Works like a charm!!!
You may think that the adhesive is bad but I have oily skin so it is stuck very lightly!!!!

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:35 am

So do reusable nursing pads!
Just wash and re-use