OT: Offers of Marriage POLL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Tell us about offers of marriage you have made or received.

I have made exactly one offer of marriage that was refused.
1%
I have made 2 or more offers of marriage that were refused (different people for at least 2 of the offers).
No votes
I have refused exactly one offer of marriage.
12%
I have refused 2 or more offers of marriage (different people for at least 2 of the offers).
10%
I have both refused at least one offer of marriage and have had at least one offer of marriage refused.
1%
I have never made an offer that was refused nor received an offer that I refused.
75%

Total votes: 68

Jaylee

Re: OT: Offers of Marriage POLL

Post by Jaylee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Uggy. How did Princy propose to you? Or did you propose to him? That sounds like something you would do.

I like the sappy, romantic proposals. Down on one knee and all of that. My parents have been married for 40 years tomorrow- well, today as it is passed midnight- and he asked her what her most favorite place in the world was, and he asked her there. That is romantic, to me, I think.

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:19 am

brain_cloud wrote: If he thinks I'm going to just be here sitting by the phone much longer, then he doesn't know me very well at all. Because I won't.
Fine... BE that way. I told you I had to wash my hair. ...It would seem you're NOT the man I thought I was marrying!
LoQ wrote: There was also the hoped-for offer from -SWS to brain_cloud. Did that ever materialize?
Oh THAT offer... Well, things got kind of stormy over expected phone calls and shampoo night. So it's off. Our wives didn't seem to approve either...

P.S. I swore I would never marry in real life but ended up proposing once... still married to this day.

jabman

Post by jabman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:28 am

I was Half drunk when I proposed to my wife, She said yes but had to call the next day to make sure it was real.

We have been married 16 good but sometimes rough years now.

Psalm 150: 6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. " - Blaise Pascal.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 am

You people should all just have a group marriage and get it over with! Maybe you could have your own reality TV show "OSA in the USA" and make some money on the side. It would make sleep apnea cool.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

brain_cloud

Post by brain_cloud » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:19 am

I think it would be horrible to have to refuse a marriage proposal. I think I would rather get a rejection than give one.

So Well

Post by So Well » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:38 am

I've made hundreds of offers. Withdrew all but one the next morning.
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:56 am

I still have not voted yet.

LoQ you should have made a rule that people had to post the really good details. Like, I would love to see who has turned down two or more.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:14 pm

brain_cloud wrote:I think it would be horrible to have to refuse a marriage proposal. I think I would rather get a rejection than give one.
Aww, you're a softie at heart. I knew it!
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:18 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:
brain_cloud wrote:I think it would be horrible to have to refuse a marriage proposal. I think I would rather get a rejection than give one.
Aww, you're a softie at heart. I knew it!
Um, did I not say the same thing like, three months ago?

Remember, I made an entire list of reasons to love Cloudy?

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:21 pm

Jaylee wrote:Uggy. How did Princy propose to you? Or did you propose to him? That sounds like something you would do.
He proposed to me, on one knee, with 100 red roses around the room and a bunch of candles. Is that sappy and romantic enough?

Boy, it was a full-time job keeping those flowers alive. I was so happy when they finally died. I did save some that I dried, but of course, that's the box the movers lost when we moved.
Last edited by SleepingUgly on Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:46 pm

That would be Prince Revolting?
jeff

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:49 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:
Jaylee wrote:Uggy. How did Princy propose to you? Or did you propose to him? That sounds like something you would do.
He proposed to me, on one knee, with 100 red roses around the room and a bunch of candles. Is that sappy and romantic enough? Oh, but just to add the egalitarian spin you were waiting for, he asked me if I'd marry him and I said yes. So I asked him if he'd marry me, and he said, "I do" (I guess he was practicing for the wedding).

Boy, it was a full-time job keeping those flowers alive. I was so happy when they finally died. I did save some that I dried, but of course, that's the box the movers lost when we moved.

Awwwww. That is so romantic. We need a sappy faced smiley for this post. Wow, 100 roses. I really like your husband, that is quite charming.

Edited to add: That is sad that your flowers got lost. That would bother me a lot, too, I think.

brain_cloud

Post by brain_cloud » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:57 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:
He proposed to me, on one knee, with 100 red roses around the room and a bunch of candles. Is that sappy and romantic enough? (

Which raises the question of the form of a good proposal. My view is that public proposals are jejune and narcissistic. Even private proposals with ostentatious and over-the-top accoutrements can smack of bad taste (not saying the one above falls into that category). I rather like Mr. Darcy's proposal in P&P.

Jaylee

Post by Jaylee » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:07 pm

brain_cloud wrote: Which raises the question of the form of a good proposal. My view is that public proposals are jejune and narcissistic. Even private proposals with ostentatious and over-the-top accoutrements can smack of bad taste (not saying the one above falls into that category). I rather like Mr. Darcy's proposal in P&P.
I had to google it the clip from the movie. But that one was very sweet.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:02 pm

jdm2857 wrote:That would be Prince Revolting?
Hey!!