Philips Respironics One NOISY!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
oak

Re: Philips Respironics One NOISY!

Post by oak » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 am

Wow. Just wow. I hate to say this, but if I saw this thread and was within 30 days of buying, I would RUN, not walk, to my DME and trade it out for a Resmed or F & P.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am

oak wrote:Wow. Just wow. I hate to say this, but if I saw this thread and was within 30 days of buying, I would RUN, not walk, to my DME and trade it out for a Resmed or F & P.
Well obviously you haven't read the thread about the S9 bird calls or you would have also struck it off your list.
In case you missed it..
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=77077&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... ird+sounds

FWIW I have had a chance to use both the PR S1 BiPap and the equivalent S9 the VPAP.
With the BiPap I hear a little "whooshing" in inhale...with the S9 I heard the "whoosing" on exhale (I can't say it sounded like a bird call to me but it might to others"...and my husband says he never heard the PR S1 but sometimes he could hear the S9 VPAP...never horribly loud though and never disturbed his sleep.
So tones and loudness and annoyance level and vary between people. What I hear and might bug me someone else may not hear at all and what someone else says sounds like a jet engine...I might not notice at all.
And no...neither myself or my husband have any hearing loss...hearing tests are normal. So we can't blame old age hearing loss.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kinamar

Post by Kinamar » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:41 pm

SleepyCPAP wrote:I remember a noise that went away when I checked the gasket between the humidifier and the machine. I think it seals better when it is slid more onto the machine tube (open lid and look at the back area with the tank out, and slide the piece more to the left, if that makes sense). Also, I've had a whistle when replacing filters, sometimes reinstalling helps or it goes away on its own.

Sorry you are having trouble.
Thanks so much. Adjusting my filter stopped the whistle!!

John Cornyn

Post by John Cornyn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:02 am

I am having the same problem. I had an older model Respironics CPAP and it had a continuous white noise output that was no problem. This replacement Dreamstation model puts out to differnt tones while I am breathing. One tone when i inhale and another one at a slightly differnt frequency when I exhale. The tones are very low level, but in a quite room they are very noticeable and very irritating. The tones are preventing me from falling asleep. I called my CPAP provider about it. They said they called Respironinics and then they said to change the setting for the mask type. Mine was set to off and they said switch to type 1. Unfortunately, that still hasn't helped. It's
now 1;30 am and I decided to Google the problem to see if anyone else has they problem. I see others have had the same issue. I think I may have to get a differnt CPAP machine. It's unfortunate becausue I like all the nice new features it has, and info it provides. It seems to me a possible solution would be for Respironics to simply to add a white noise generator to the machine to mask the tones

Straydawg

Post by Straydawg » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:49 pm

I have a Phillips Bipapp machine System One. I'm not sure if it's fixable. It has been great. Started smelling what is like burning g plastic. Now it's getting g louder and louder. I hope it can be fixed , but right now , not sure

ru-ss

Post by ru-ss » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm

My Respironics Remstar Auto System One started making a lot of noise at about 6500-7000 hours. It got so bad at 7500 hours that I was about to throw it away, until.... The noise was a vibrating noise that spiked between inhale and exhale. When it first started bothering me, I found that if I pressed on the top of the unit, the noise would go away, so I got some temporary relief by putting an elastic band around the unit. But the noise returned and despite any elastic configuration, it became unbearable. A firm hand pressure on the top of the unit would quiet it, but that is hardly conducive to sleeping.
Here's how I solved the problem: I took the pump unit apart--not the humidifier unit. There are two long torx screws, I think T-15. You pull off the control knob and lift the top cover off, revealing a clear plastic case for the black, round motor. I took the top of the clear case off, with another torx driver, I think T-10. I pulled the motor up and put three green felt sticky round cushions under the motor, placing them near the mounting holes. These sticky felt rounds are designed to stick to the bottom of a flower pot, etc. Reassembled with every screw tightened well, and, voila! No noise whatsover.

bob c

Post by bob c » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:41 pm

My PR unit was fine for a year and then became loud when inhaling. I'm able to stop the noise by propping the unit between two books and rather than having the machine lie flat it is wedged between the books at approximately a 45 degree angle. Hope this isn't hurting anything. I'm at 5.5 so I wouldn't think this should be necessary.

texasaaa

Post by texasaaa » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:26 am

So I am the recipient of a new Phillips Respironics One CPAP machine. If modern technology is suppose to make things better Phillips missed the boat!
I have used the older model for years and love it! Couldn’t wait to get this new model BUT....
Two things about this new machine.
#1. As the Subject line says... this is a Noise Maker! Swoose Swoose! My older machine hardly made any noise until it started wearing out. My old wore out machine is quieter than this. Horrible

#2. Phillips spent tons of money developing a humidifier chamber that you could turn the machine over and it would not dump the water. For what ever reason they threw all that technology away and put an open chamber in there. That’s not progress, that’s being CHEAP!

So someone said part of the noise is a dirty filter. I did notice a little improvement when I changed filters BUT the old model you could run it forever on one filter and NO noise (not saying that’s a good idea but it’s true).

I’m seriously thinking about selling this machine, taking the money and buying 2 or3 older models off of Craigslist.
My last machine I bought it for $200 and it has hardly any hours on it (he could not tolerate it or he said). Remember that if your self pay folks.

I’m just so disappointed in what was a super CPAP Company going downhill like Phillips has.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:17 am

You may have insite to a good lesson from this old Zombie Thread, just because something is New does not mean it's better, but you can be sure it will be made cheaper and fail you quicker. But again you wanted State of the Art. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:54 pm

texasaaa wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:26 am
So I am the recipient of a new Phillips Respironics One CPAP machine. If modern technology is suppose to make things better Phillips missed the boat!
  1. This topic was created 10 years ago.
  2. Phillips Respironics One CPAP machine is not new technology.

Some other news you might not be aware of:
  • Donald tump is president
  • We've landed on the moon
  • The war is over, the Japanese have surrendered

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:24 pm

Who unloaded that old thing on you??? Hope you didn't buy it new.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm