Hose hangers: Bro Gho vs Arden Innovations

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snuginarug

Hose hangers: Bro Gho vs Arden Innovations

Post by snuginarug » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:25 pm

I looked for a product challenge on these items but did not find one. So I am soliciting opinions from people who have tried either of these products. The Bro Gho product is about twice the price of the Arden Innovations product. Both are designed to hold the hose over head by a pole type system that is anchored between your mattress and box springs.

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-comfort-clean ... omfort.php

This link goes to the Cpap.com page that lists these products, in case my description is confusing. I am wondering why one is twice as much as the other, and if the product quality and efficacy make the more expensive one worthwhile. I had glanced quickly at these products, saw the Bro Gho $50 price tag and ruled out the option. But closer inspection revealed the affordable product. So now I am wondering if I would be throwing away my money on the cheaper product, if it is so cheaply made, flimsy or awkward that I would regret buying it. If anyone using one of these products would respond, I'd be highly grateful.

Patrick A

Re: Hose hangers: Bro Gho vs Arden Innovations

Post by Patrick A » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:23 pm

You brought a good question, with your post. I would be interested in the answer myself.
I use a piece of elastic cord attached to the top of the head board of my bed. It's kind of a pain in the neck. I don't like the way it works. Been thinking about making a set up out of PVC pipe but it might be cheaper to buy one of-these set-ups.
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

JStaggie

Post by JStaggie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 pm

I have the Arden hose lift and am happy with it. I travel a lot and it collapses easily into a flat package. There are 72 reviews for it already on CPAP.com with an average score of 4.5, so I'm not the only one that likes it.

snuginarug

Post by snuginarug » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:24 am

Patrick A wrote:You brought a good question, with your post. I would be interested in the answer myself.
I use a piece of elastic cord attached to the top of the head board of my bed. It's kind of a pain in the neck. I don't like the way it works. Been thinking about making a set up out of PVC pipe but it might be cheaper to buy one of-these set-ups.
I'm not too handy or clever, which is why i am considering a ready-made option. I am going to try one home-made option first, and then think about buying one of these.

JStaggie wrote:I have the Arden hose lift and am happy with it. I travel a lot and it collapses easily into a flat package. There are 72 reviews for it already on CPAP.com with an average score of 4.5, so I'm not the only one that likes it.
I'm glad to hear from a "real" person, not just some unknown person. I know, I know, you're no more "real" than they are , but it makes me feel better to get an opinion from someone who is a part of this community.

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:00 am

I bought the hose hanger thing where I bought my pap cap. I love it. It looked cheap but it works great. I had been using an elastic cord on a wall lamp. The dual hanger is so much nicer.

Bearcat42

Post by Bearcat42 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

Patrick A wrote:You brought a good question, with your post. I would be interested in the answer myself.
I bought one of those shock corded hose hangers and it broke shortly after I started using it. So I went to my local hardware store and bought some 3/4 inch PVC and made my own. It works great, travels well and won't easily break. Plus it was fairly cheap to construct.

KC5cychris

Post by KC5cychris » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:17 pm

just recieved the Arden Innovations hos hanger before I left for work set it up ready for tonight hope it helps me from laying on the hose and pulling my mask away from my face

titrated pressure 10 current setting 12/15.5 autopap

REMEMBER THOSE WHO SERVED
ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL

snuginarug

Post by snuginarug » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:05 pm

It sounds like you have had good experiences with the Arden Innovations product. This is encouraging, as I do not have $50 to shell out or the Bro Gho product. Thanks to all for responding.

Jeeper

Post by Jeeper » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:38 pm

snuginarug,

I own both the bro-gho and the arden. I bought the bro-gho first and planned to use it for travel. When I received it I realized it was too heavy and too bulky for travel. The arm that holds the hose won't flex like the arden. I am using the bro-gho at home now simply because I refuse to spend that much money and not get some use out of it. I later bought the Arden for travel and have enjoyed it. It folds down small enough to fit into a small pouch and is very light. The arm is flexible which allows for some give in the hose making it much more comfortable in managing the hose. If I had it to do over I would not buy the bro-gho even though it is a very well made product. I probably will put a hair skrunchie on the end of the bro-gho which will allow for some flex to the hose. Even with modifications to the bro-gho I would still prefer the arden.

Just my personal opinion.

Jeeper

secret agent girl

Post by secret agent girl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

Last edited by secret agent girl on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdm2857

Post by jdm2857 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:22 am

Here's a thread (with pictures) about DIY hose hangers. The pictures of the copper version are gone, but it's basically the same as the PVC one made with different materials.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5006&st=0&sk=t&sd=a ... r&start=30
jeff

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5006&st=0&sk=t&sd=a ... ose+hanger

This link should take you to the first page of the homemade hangers. Thanks JDM for the headsup about the link.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.