sleepy

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepy54

sleepy

Post by sleepy54 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:09 am

Greetings to all

Have a question.

I been using a CPAP for a year now.
MY AHI ranges between 3 and 5.
I get told my AHI is good however I still feel tired and sleepy during the day.

Has anyone have any idea why so ?
What is the solution?

Tx

cheers

Julie

Re: sleepy

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:15 am

Hi Sleepy - we'd love to help, but need something to go on. Fill in your Profile on your member page with specific names and model #'s of your machine, mask(s), pressure settings, etc., and write back with whatever information you can think of about your sleep habits (number of hours you usually get, whether or not you take meds before bed, or caffeine at any time) and whether you've tried various masks or people tell you that once you're asleep you breathe through your mouth (very important if you're only wearing a nasal mask vs a "full face" one) and whether you're getting your AHI from the machine's window or specific software. Do you know your leak rates? All of this matters, so please get back soon!

canyongirl

Post by canyongirl » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:22 am

I had to tweak my numbers for pressure after the first 9 months of therapy. youmay need to do so also, but be careful or work with a doc

Popi

Post by Popi » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:39 am

As for being sleepy...my numbers, according to my machine, are very good, BUT, I'm fat (6', 240lbs), I sit on my butt all day, in an office pushing paper, and my only exercise is chasing my toddler around in the evening and on weekends. I'm tired because I'm out of shape. Can't blame my CPAP if I'm too lazy to loose weight, eat better and exercise. No one should ever expect their CPAP to be a miracle cure...not saying that YOU were, but others have expected as much.

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:51 am

Some people don't feel better unless they get even lower AHIs (<1) by adjusting their pressure.

I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!