Does Resmed S9 rewrite old data to new SD card?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
infntyx2

Does Resmed S9 rewrite old data to new SD card?

Post by infntyx2 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:38 am

I've had my Resmed S9 Autoset a month now. I have been using a Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow but wanted to try a nasal mask. After having my clinician download the SD card history, they gave me back the same card with only a SETTINGS subdirectory on it. Basically, they had made a setting adjustment for the mask vs the pillows for when I would put the card back in the S9. My sleep history files and the DATALOG subdirectory were not on the card when I got it back...

I put the card in the S9 and checked it afterward on the computer. The DATALOG subdir was back in place but all of my detailed sleep files were not restored. The clinician told me that Resmed said that the detailed data is stored on the S9 itself and would write all "old" detailed data back to the card. When I navigate through the S9 settings/info menus, it shows that it has 1 day, 1 week, 1 month summary type data on the S9, itself. It just never seems to write any old data back to the SD card.

Have I lost this old sleep history originally stored on the card? Did I not wait long enough for the old data to be rewritten back to the SD card? Is there a way to force the S9 to rewrite the past data to the SD card? Remember, Resmed says that the old data should automatically be rewritten back to the SD card. Anyone have a similar experience?

Wulfman

Re: Does Resmed S9 rewrite old data to new SD card?

Post by Wulfman » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:56 am

infntyx2 wrote:I've had my Resmed S9 Autoset a month now. I have been using a Resmed Swift FX nasal pillow but wanted to try a nasal mask. After having my clinician download the SD card history, they gave me back the same card with only a SETTINGS subdirectory on it. Basically, they had made a setting adjustment for the mask vs the pillows for when I would put the card back in the S9. My sleep history files and the DATALOG subdirectory were not on the card when I got it back...

I put the card in the S9 and checked it afterward on the computer. The DATALOG subdir was back in place but all of my detailed sleep files were not restored. The clinician told me that Resmed said that the detailed data is stored on the S9 itself and would write all "old" detailed data back to the card. When I navigate through the S9 settings/info menus, it shows that it has 1 day, 1 week, 1 month summary type data on the S9, itself. It just never seems to write any old data back to the SD card.

Have I lost this old sleep history originally stored on the card? Did I not wait long enough for the old data to be rewritten back to the SD card? Is there a way to force the S9 to rewrite the past data to the SD card? Remember, Resmed says that the old data should automatically be rewritten back to the SD card. Anyone have a similar experience?
Maybe that idiot can tell you how to put it back......or admit he lied to you. (he obviously erased the card for some stupid reason)

I'd say it's gone for good.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Nord

Re: Does Resmed S9 rewrite old data to new SD card?

Post by Nord » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:18 am

When you save it to your computer... ResScan software... it will always be there.

Once erased... your Detailed data cannot be written again by the S9... it is not stored there... only Summary data will be restored.

I'm guessing that your Clinician guessed an answer...

Your SD card will only store 7 days (honestly, it will do 8 days) of Detailed data then will begin to overwrite oldest data first... that is built into the S9 firmware... not the size or space on your SD card.

Just my thoughts...
Nord