I don't need my Resmed S8 Elite II

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
schleima

I don't need my Resmed S8 Elite II

Post by schleima » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:03 pm

I never adapted to CPAP... I've been using a dental device which has been fantastic for me. (Just came back from 3 weeks backpacking in Central America, and can't imagine lugging that travel bag around everywhere!)

But really, I'm puzzled... what do I do with it? I was never able to sleep with the thing.... it's probably got less than 100 hours logged.

Suggestions most welcome!

sleepycarol

Re: I don't need my Resmed S8 Elite II

Post by sleepycarol » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:12 pm

You might want to put a price on it and post it. You might get someone interested.

You might want to donate it to someone that can not afford a machine (great idea in my opinion).

You might advertise it on craigslist with all the details (specs/price/etc.)

You might want to put it on cpapauction.
Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.

Thomas F.

Post by Thomas F. » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:34 pm

schleima wrote:
Suggestions most welcome!
I'm happy to hear you are doing well using the dental device. I also have a dental device (SUAD) but unfortunately for me it's not 100% effective. I use it mainly on long flights if I nap.

I think your S8 has the special sized card reader for the data card, right? I would be happy to purchase this from you if you wish to sell it. Please PM me the price and I will reply. Thank you.
Had UPPP and Hyoid Advancement Surgery on 10/29/2010.
midline glossectomy surgery using Da vinci robot 2/2014.
Straight CPAP 4.8 pressure

Randomsanity

Post by Randomsanity » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:56 pm

I would be interested in this device if you are looking to get rid of it and not charging too much. I live in Canada where these cost astronomical amounts and I just cannot afford a data capable machine with my current levels of debt (I've only recently graduated from University.)

If you see my recent post, I have been having a lot of trouble with the basic machine and have been told to purchase one with the data capability.

Please let me know what you plan on doing.

Thanks.