RESMED S9 HUMIDIFIER

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
apneawho

Re: RESMED S9 HUMIDIFIER

Post by apneawho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:16 am

flashpoint wrote:I am very confused !. I just started using this machine with a full facemask about a week ago and I wake up everynight with a very dry mouth. I took out my manual to see how to turn on the humidifier. On page 6 it shows a option of humidity level with a picture of a water drop. So I go to my machine and it is a different sceen. It says Climate control. Instead of a Humidity level of say 3.0 I get a screen that say 62 degrees and is adjustable up from there. I have turned,pushed,and proded just about every button on this machine and still cannot find a screen for humidity level like the one on page 6 of the users manual...... What am I doing wrong here?
If you have the climate line in place, you will get the temperature degrees displayed. If you detach the climate line, you will find you get the numbered menu on the humidity menu. Try it.

flashpoint

Post by flashpoint » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:57 pm

I will try that...thank you.....Wish the manual told me that...LOL

rickypicky

Post by rickypicky » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm

Any update on this? I've had my S9 Elite for about 4 days and each morning the water seems to be cold and the level seems to be the same as when I went to bed.

Geespec

Post by Geespec » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 pm

My understanding is that the "auto" mode is only when using the optional climate hose. If you are using the regular "slimline" hose, try putting it on manual and check to see if this solves it.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

If I understand you correctly and you have an S9 and are using the climate control hose. When you attach it properly the screen will say climate control enabled. Your only setting choice will be a temperature range from 69 to 90.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

Ledduplebib

Post by Ledduplebib » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:24 pm

ohhhhh, really?

justme55

Post by justme55 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

I have a Resmed S9 with climate control and full face mask. In 9 months, I am on my 3rd machine. The first one had a humidifier error. The replacement for that one had a humidifier error but it would also not reset itself at noon, therefore, it would just keep adding to the sleep time and the AHI's. The 3rd one is 3 days old. I kept turning the machine on and it wouldn't come on. I was getting frustrated with it. Then I was going to take a nap on the 2nd day and put my mask on and all the sudden the machine turned itself on; when I took the mask off, the machine turned itself off!!!

Terp84

Post by Terp84 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi,

I just read your post. The description of the S9 turning on when putting the mask on and turning off when the mask is removed is an optional feature. If you go into setup, you can disable that feature.

I myself have been having problems with the climate hose not heating up. The humidifier heats the water but the hose stays at room temperature. It worked for about five months and then stopped. I got a new replacement humidifier and that one does not heat the hose either.

zipman

Post by zipman » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:35 am

I have been using cpap since respironics made the first machine in 1985. I have used many many machines since then with humidifiers when they were first introduced.
I had been using the best machine ive ever owned for almost 6 yrs the Resmed Malibu Vpap, I kept getting a warning on screen and the machine would stop sent to resmed said not worth fixing. Ive been using the S9 Auto for 6 nights and the humidifier sucks so bad Im considering giving this machine back and getting the Respironics. Ive had 4 or 5 resmed machines that have been flawless.
I had the S7 malibu set at lvl 3 humidification and never experienced any throat our mouth dryness whatsoever. The S9 is set on 6 the highest setting and it woke me up 3 times between 10am and 2am EST mouth and throat HORRIBLY dried out, thats why I searched for S9 humidifier probs and im writing this.
My resp tech came back the other day and tested my humidifier and said it was working and had me touch the plate. I have written resmed and I am waiting their response before giving this machine back to my respireratory tech and telling him to bring me the resmed. t
I believe the problem is two fold. 1. The humidifier plate does not get hot enough and 2. The design sucks, either way its intolerable for me as Im not sleeping. Humidification is a must for me my pressure swings wildly thats why I had an auto vpap. If the humidifier cannot be made to work better, this machine is gone and is trash as far as im concerned.

jmkusters

Post by jmkusters » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:58 am

I have the s9 escape with humidifier full mask slim line

When I first bought it the blue light was always on. now no matter what temp water I put in it always turns on witht he blue light but when i start it it goes red. also when I first started using it, I always used the water in it. now that the red light comes on I only use half the water I put in and have a really dry mouth. whats wrong?

Nooblakahn

Post by Nooblakahn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:10 am

jmkusters wrote:I have the s9 escape with humidifier full mask slim line

When I first bought it the blue light was always on. now no matter what temp water I put in it always turns on witht he blue light but when i start it it goes red. also when I first started using it, I always used the water in it. now that the red light comes on I only use half the water I put in and have a really dry mouth. whats wrong?
The way you described the lights with going from blue to red is normal operation. Blue means the humidifier is off, red means it is on. If you do not use the preheat function , the light will stay blue until you turn the blower on. The machine may not use all of the water in the reservoir, dry mouth can be caused by a number of things. If using nasal masks and mouth breathing, it will dry you out. From what I understand as well, the pressure can cause acid reflux that could dry your mouth out. Or you might have the humidifier set to low.

You can also follow these steps from resmed to see if your humidifier is working properly

To confirm H5i function, complete the following steps;
1. Disconnect ClimateLine tubing and remove the water tub.
2. While the S9 is NOT running, place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate. NOTE: Do NOT place your hand on the heater plate if the H5i has been running in the 10 minutes prior to this test as it may still be hot.
3. Set the humidifier output to 6.
4. Place the unit in warm-up mode and allow it to run for 1 minute.
5. Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don’t place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
6. Press the dial for 3 seconds to enable cooling down mode.

Which is from here http://www.resmed.com/us/patients_and_f ... c=patients

“I wonder if I've been changed in the night. Let me think. Was I the same when I got up this morning? I almost think I can remember feeling a little different."
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

JimNtexas

Post by JimNtexas » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:19 am

I became a lot happier with my S9 when I found out that by using the clinician settings I could cause the S9 to provide separate settings for humidity level and temperature when using the climate line hose.

Wilk173

Post by Wilk173 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:42 pm

I have the resumed S9. I like my humidifier to stay cold, but recently it keeps heating up after about 45 min's of use. Is there a setting that I might have changed?