O/T 106 pounds lost and 34 to go.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Joe50

O/T 106 pounds lost and 34 to go.

Post by Joe50 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Hooray for me! My blood pressure meds have been cut by two-thirds and I can now do things that I had forgotten I once could do. Just hope my skin keeps on shrinking down to fit the new me, so far it looks like that might happen.

Jaylee

Re: O/T 106 pounds lost and 34 to go.

Post by Jaylee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:07 pm

That is awesome, congrats!

davecpap

Post by davecpap » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm

How did you accomplish this? I need to lose some significant weight. I was hoping the CPAP would give me the boost in energy needed to exercise!

KC5cychris

Post by KC5cychris » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:32 pm

WAY TO GO JOE

I am sure that was a long run with lots of work GREAT JOB

Chris

titrated pressure 10 current setting 12/15.5 autopap

REMEMBER THOSE WHO SERVED
ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL

Stormynights

Post by Stormynights » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Joe50 wrote:Hooray for me! My blood pressure meds have been cut by two-thirds and I can now do things that I had forgotten I once could do. Just hope my skin keeps on shrinking down to fit the new me, so far it looks like that might happen.
That is wonderful.

Joe50

Post by Joe50 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 pm

davecpap wrote:How did you accomplish this? I need to lose some significant weight. I was hoping the CPAP would give me the boost in energy needed to exercise!
I maintain my calories at about 1500 cals perday plus a weekly re-feed day on Wednesday when I up my calories to about 3000. I do this to make my body think I am not trying to starve it.
I adapted my diet to fit foods that I actually want to eat instead of rabbit food.
Then some time on the treadmill and some weights on a daily basis. My workouts last at the most 35 minutes. If you do extreme amounts of cardio like lots of people do your body will lock up and you will stop losing weight.
Bassically I did make it a lifestyle thing instead of just something to be endured.

davecpap

Post by davecpap » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Joe50 wrote:
davecpap wrote:How did you accomplish this? I need to lose some significant weight. I was hoping the CPAP would give me the boost in energy needed to exercise!
I maintain my calories at about 1500 cals perday plus a weekly re-feed day on Wednesday when I up my calories to about 3000. I do this to make my body think I am not trying to starve it.
I adapted my diet to fit foods that I actually want to eat instead of rabbit food.
Then some time on the treadmill and some weights on a daily basis. My workouts last at the most 35 minutes. If you do extreme amounts of cardio like lots of people do your body will lock up and you will stop losing weight.
Bassically I did make it a lifestyle thing instead of just something to be endured.
Any books/resources you can recommend for someone whose never exercised in earnest before? Thanks!

Joe50

Post by Joe50 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 pm

davecpap wrote:
Joe50 wrote:
Any books/resources you can recommend for someone whose never exercised in earnest before? Thanks!
If you plan to incorporate weight lifting along with walking time I would suggest, "Weight Lifting for Dummies". It will give you all the basics without getting into all the weird theorys.

elena88

Post by elena88 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 pm

that is fabulous! Congratulations!

Love the refeeding idea, makes so much sense!

Rabbit food does get old I know!

thanks for sharing this wonderful news!

elena

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 pm

Hey Joe50
I know where you lost it.....I found it congratulations.
Himself
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

74snowman

Post by 74snowman » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Congratulations! I have to lose about 130 lbs if I want to get back to a normal weight, whatever that means. I'm so happy for you!
Snowman

kteague

Post by kteague » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Always encouraging to hear of another's successes. Thank you for sharing.

OceanGoingGal

Post by OceanGoingGal » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:40 am

Congratulations!!!! I had hoped that the cpap would help me lose. After 2 years I have not lost much, just about 12 lbs. Lately I have been going to the pool every day and spend an hour and more every day just pedalling my legs as I sit on my "noodle" I have finally noticed some loss. Living in Florida I can keep up the pool all year. Recently I was diagnosed with diabetes. The meds make me nauseous and I lose my apetite. A good thing..I guess. Once again, congratulations on your treffic loss. Good Job!!

Laura

Ask Me About Girl Talk Cafe!

Joe50

Post by Joe50 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:38 am

Patrick A wrote:Hey Joe50
I know where you lost it.....I found it congratulations.
Himself
Well, I hope you lose it real quick cause I sure don't want it back.

Joe50

Post by Joe50 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:45 am

74snowman wrote:Congratulations! I have to lose about 130 lbs if I want to get back to a normal weight, whatever that means. I'm so happy for you!
Snowman
You look a lot younger than me so I bet you can lose it much faster than I did. I would suggest that if possible you get your testosterone levels checked. If they are low it is really hard to get the fire in your belly that makes you wanna stay at it. Other than that it is all mental, As Arnold said, "You gotta stay hungry". He was not talking about dieting he was talking having a need to keep on accomplishing the goals that you set.