IntelliPAP AutoAdjust, or ResMed S9 AutoSet?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapernewbie

Re: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust, or ResMed S9 AutoSet?

Post by cpapernewbie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Big M
wonder why the CPAP price in Singapore is that high.
Last year I was quoted $1,600 just to repair my M series Auto A-Flex when I was travelling there...

since then, I always have backup CPAPs, it is much cheaper than the repair cost.

Additional Comments: CPAP history: dumb tank, auto, PR M, PR System 1, PR BIPAP, PR System 1 model 60, Resmed S9, Resmed S10, Dreamstation
Resmed airsense 10

johnholt

Post by johnholt » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:01 am

I've had the IntelliPap machine for three months and I love it. I'm even thinking of buying a second one as a backup in case anything happens to the first. I wouldn't want to spend a single night without it.

BigM

Post by BigM » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:36 am

cpapernewbie wrote:Big M
wonder why the CPAP price in Singapore is that high.
Last year I was quoted $1,600 just to repair my M series Auto A-Flex when I was travelling there...

since then, I always have backup CPAPs, it is much cheaper than the repair cost.
Probable reasons that I can think of is that people here normally don't question their doctor recommendation, and the dealers tied up with the hospitals/ ENT doc to sell their products. Hence, people just pay the high asking prices and give the resellers BIG FAT JUICY Profit Margin. Guess I am the odd one out

Also there are limited resellers for CPAP product. To my knowledge (from the Sleep Clinic handout), there is one dealer each for ResMed, Intellipap, F&P, Respironics, plus two other brands which I cannot recall. There could be more dealers for these brand but it is still a rather exclusive/ limited distribution channel model.

Come to think of it, may be I should give Johnny Goodman a PM to discuss some business proposals.

I am all hose up and ready for bed... Talk to u folks tomorrow. U guys are a great bunch of people.

sonyat

Post by sonyat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:34 am

I like my IntelliPAP a lot, but then I have a pretty low, constant pressure (7.0) and people who need higher or variable pressure might not like it as much. It's small and quiet and the smartcodes are a pretty cool idea -- no card or cables required.