After One Week On CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kempo

After One Week On CPAP

Post by kempo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 pm

I have been using a cpap for one week, a PR One Auto, a loaner from my DME. Also using a Swift FX mask. Here are the numbers from the unit.

Therapy Hours: 7 day avg......................8:24

Large leaks: 7 day avg.........................0%

AHI: 7 day avg...................................8.3

Periodic Breathing: 7 day avg.................2%

90% pressure: 7 day avg........................10.0

I am getting better sleep with than I thought I would especially being my first week. I do feel like I am little more alert and have more energy through the day. I think? May be my imagination.

My S9 Auto should arrive any day now and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Mary Z

Re: After One Week On CPAP

Post by Mary Z » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Sounds like you've started out ok. Just get that AHI under five and you'll be set.
Mary Z.

megawill

Post by megawill » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:15 pm

snoresliketrain wrote:
I am getting better sleep with than I thought I would especially being my first week. I do feel like I am little more alert and have more energy through the day. I think? May be my imagination.
beware or the rebound effect. many users start out feeling better for first few days and then many go through a bit of 3-4 weeks feeling like nothing has changed...before the 'more energy' feeling comes back...don't get discouraged if this occurs...stick with it, work on getting the AHI below 5 and this will pass (that is if you do experience it)...

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:31 pm

snoresliketrain wrote:I have been using a cpap for one week, a PR One Auto, a loaner from my DME. Also using a Swift FX mask. Here are the numbers from the unit.

Therapy Hours: 7 day avg......................8:24

Large leaks: 7 day avg.........................0%

AHI: 7 day avg...................................8.3

Periodic Breathing: 7 day avg.................2%

90% pressure: 7 day avg........................10.0

My S9 Auto should arrive any day now and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

AHI of 8.3 seems a bit on the high side but it does take time to tweak the system and for your body to adapt.

What are the pressure settings on your machine?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

kempo

Post by kempo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:06 pm

on Auto 8-10

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:09 pm

When you get your S9 and can see more data, you can start to analyze why your AHI's are still high. My suspicion is that your pressure setting is not right, but without more data you can't tell anything. Be sure to post your data after a week or so on the S9 if that AHI isn't coming down.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

kempo

Post by kempo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Janknitz wrote: Be sure to post your data after a week or so on the S9 if that AHI isn't coming down.
Oh yea I will. I want it down below 5. I don't see the sleep Doc again until August the 5th to show the data on the SD card.

Thanks for the replies

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:06 pm

What is your titrated pressure? I suggest you use the machine in CPAP mode at your titrated pressure.

kempo

Post by kempo » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Paul254 wrote:What is your titrated pressure? I suggest you use the machine in CPAP mode at your titrated pressure.
Titrated Pressure is 10. I have been using a Swift FX mask size medium for the first 7 nights without hardly any leaks but it just didn't feel like I wanted it too. So last night I used a size large pillow. It felt better I can't get daily readings with the PR One. I hope my S9 will be here before this weekend and I will be able to tell more of whats happening on a daily basis.

thanks for your reply.

Paul254

Post by Paul254 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

The numbers are an indicator of how your therapy is progressing. However, the best measure of the therapy is how you're feeling. DO you wake up feeling refreshed? Do you no longer need daily naps? Can yu read without getting tired? These were this issues I was dealing with prior to diagnosis and for the first few weeks of therapy.

I sounds like yu have a mask that fits well (doesn't leak). Thats's a big plus. I'm not familiar with the S9. It sounds like you want the S9 to track you therapy with daily data. I've been using the PRS1 for 6 months. If you need the software to track your daily data, send me a PM.

Have a good night's sleep.

Paul

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:03 pm

snoresliketrain wrote:
Paul254 wrote:What is your titrated pressure? I suggest you use the machine in CPAP mode at your titrated pressure.
Titrated Pressure is 10. I have been using a Swift FX mask size medium for the first 7 nights without hardly any leaks but it just didn't feel like I wanted it too. So last night I used a size large pillow. It felt better I can't get daily readings with the PR One. I hope my S9 will be here before this weekend and I will be able to tell more of whats happening on a daily basis.

thanks for your reply.
Try setting the machine 2 below to 2 above your titrated pressure. So 8-12cm see if your AHI dips a bit.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!