Staining of Pillowcases????

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Staining of Pillowcases????

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:45 pm

englandsf wrote:How old are their headgear and masks?
really?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:52 pm

I would guess that this is not related for CPAP at all. The only thing I can think of is that you're using a gel mask and the gel is leaking out.

For the record, I've been using a gel mask myself for years and never had this experience!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Hey I recently used the cpap and it left black marks all around my face and on my pillow !!!
Are you using one of the coal-fired models?
May be a new (bee), and might think you are serious.
I've been on the planet a lot longer than you. I remember the coal-fired models. Worked well with Sleepyhead Abacus 2.0.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Jasmine wrote:Hey I recently used the cpap and it left black marks all around my face and on my pillow !!!
cpap.com still lists them. But, I think Obama and Hillary put them on the banned list.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
A HUGE Windbag wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
cpap.com still lists them. But, I think Obama and Hillary put them on the banned list.
they were a bit of an environmental disaster, not to mention, a pain to keep fueled... remember the people that had to make their own auxiliary hoppers when theirs wouldn't make it through the night in one go?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tlohse

Post by tlohse » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:44 pm

I never seen a stain from my cpap either .
Thomas Lohse
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set With Heated hose and Humidifier
Mask: ResMed AirFit P10 Size M Nasal Pillow with headgear
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30i/P30i
Original Mask: ResMed Mirage FX Nasal
CPAP USER SINCE JUNE 2013

Seriously2016

Post by Seriously2016 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 am

It appears that annoyed was not taking a poll nor asking for suggestions, but was asking for an answer to a serious problem. I had this happen after I got a new head harness. It appears to be a chemical reaction between hair oil and the harness on cotton. The staining is permanent and doesn't wash out.

dbran11312

Post by dbran11312 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:15 pm

I am responding to an old post after searching for an answer to my problem with purple, and gray stains on all of the pillowcases that I have used for the past
50 days. I have been a CPAP user since February, 2017. My equipment is the Phillips Respironics Dreamstation, and current mask is the Res-Med P10. I purchased and started using the So Clean2 in early June--same time that I started using the P10. That is the same time that my pillowcases started to stain. No, I am not crazy--this happens to every pillowcase I use. I just ordered the PR Wisp silicone frame mask, and as soon as I get it, I am going to try it out to see if it could possibly be the headgear on the P10. I am first going to discontinue using the So Clean2 to see if that could possibly be the culprit. I do realize that I could buy a black pillowcase to use, but having ruined someone else's nice pillowcase and wondering if my unit is spuing out harmful liquids is worrysome. I am reaching out to see if there is any new feedback for this problem.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:49 pm

Have you considered the possibility the straining is related to the use of the so clean device? Timing of the straining appears to be coincidental with starting the use of the so clean device.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:23 pm

Hmmm, SoClean . . .
Maybe residual bovine excrement?

#1Guest

Post by #1Guest » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:27 pm

dbran11312 wrote: I am going to try it out to see if it could possibly be the headgear on the P10
What color is this headgear?
Are you sweating during the nite?

Consider laying a towel across the pillow until you figure it out.

Anneh

Post by Anneh » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:14 am

I am sorry you are so annoyed by this. I am a CPAP user who is experiencing the same problem and it's ruining my pillowcases too! It seems to me that the humidity in the air is somehow the source of the problem; at least in my case the stains appear like droplets of water that are coming from one of the CO2 escape valves on the mask. I am concerned that something is leaching from the humidifier or the tubing. Please help your parents consider that option.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 am

Anneh wrote:I am sorry you are so annoyed by this. I am a CPAP user who is experiencing the same problem and it's ruining my pillowcases too! It seems to me that the humidity in the air is somehow the source of the problem; at least in my case the stains appear like droplets of water that are coming from one of the CO2 escape valves on the mask. I am concerned that something is leaching from the humidifier or the tubing. Please help your parents consider that option.
Since "annoyed" posted this in 2010, I doubt that she will seeb your answer.

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:47 am

Anneh wrote: I am a CPAP user who is experiencing the same problem and it's ruining my pillowcases too! It seems to me that the humidity in the air is somehow the source of the problem; at least in my case the stains appear like droplets of water that are coming from one of the CO2 escape valves on the mask. I am concerned that something is leaching from the humidifier or the tubing. Please help your parents consider that option.
Hi Anneh. This may not help, but I noticed stains on my pillowcases and discovered it was from the use of Biotene spray in the middle of the night. Turns out that, in my half-asleep state, and not being able to see what I was doing in the dark, I managed to spray some of it onto the pillowcase. I'm not saying this answers anyone else's issue with pillowcase staining, just offering it up as my personal experience.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Butterfly 47

Post by Butterfly 47 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:43 pm

My husband has a CPap. I use cotton sheets. We continue to have stains on the pillow, the sheets and on the duvet. I don't know what is doing this. They are purplish red colored streaks and only come out with bleach. I would like to find out what is causing this. No he doesn't dye his hair or even use hair gel. I know what I can do to make it less noticeable but I want to find the issue and stop it. Gettin flowered sheets isn't an option.