Disappointed in cpap (uncommon down sides)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Froro

Disappointed in cpap (uncommon down sides)

Post by Froro » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:36 pm

I figured after a year and a bit of cpap my golf game would have improved.

Humph.... I think I want my money back.

Can I just say I'm thrilled that I'm alive and breathing, and sleeping the way a human is supposed to.....even if my golf game still sucks. I do however have the energy to take lessons. :woot:

Just wanted to give a quick hi to everyone. I hope all are well. I'm kicking around but not posting much. No time. Running like a loon after my kids, husband, and actually started having my own life.

I also need to point out that prior to cpap my mother in law never bothered me. I'd be half asleep while she yammered away from the moment she woke up until she fell asleep and I pretty much was in so much of a fog I didn't pay attention.

Now? dang.....I just spent the longest 12 days of my life aware of how friggen much she talks...nonstop...literally from dawn to dusk. She was exhausting!!! She didn't even stop when I'd leave the room, just kept on yakking away to the air. I would like to selectively have my fog back when my MIL visits okay? just without all those other negative side effects of OSA
These beautiful kids in my avi are my motivation for getting healthy and staying compliant. Need to be around a long time. See my new blog at http://creativekidscakeslife.blogspot.com/ Baking Blog http://feedingtheravenoushorde.blogspot.com

Jaylee

Re: Disappointed in cpap (uncommon down sides)

Post by Jaylee » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Froro wrote:
Now? dang.....I just spent the longest 12 days of my life aware of how friggen much she talks...nonstop...literally from dawn to dusk. She was exhausting!!! She didn't even stop when I'd leave the room, just kept on yakking away to the air. I would like to selectively have my fog back when my MIL visits okay? just without all those other negative side effects of OSA

Really

Post by Really » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Froro wrote:I figured after a year and a bit of cpap my golf game would have improved.

Could you golf before you started cpap? Really?
You Can't Fix Stupid Really

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:37 pm

Froro wrote:I figured after a year and a bit of cpap my golf game would have improved.

Can I just say I'm thrilled that I'm alive and breathing, and sleeping the way a human is supposed to.....even if my golf game still sucks. I do however have the energy to take lessons. :woot:

I also need to point out that prior to cpap my mother in law never bothered me. I'd be half asleep while she yammered away from the moment she woke up until she fell asleep and I pretty much was in so much of a fog I didn't pay attention.

In respect to your golf game.....Maybe you need more practice???
Now pertaining to the Mother in Law.......Just ignore her!!!! I always did, maybe that's why, my wife (SWMbO) bought a Big Cast Iron Skillet ?
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Froro

Post by Froro » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Cast iron skillet huh? For use on said MIL?

I got my revenge last night and made my husband talk to his mother when she called. He claimed it was cruel and unusual punishment.

Re my golf game? Perhaps I wrote too soon. I had a killer round today on Canada's highest rated course (for difficulty). Not bad for my first time on that course. I texted my instructor yesterday that I might have to have him come rescue me if I was blowing it. No rescue needed. He is going to be so proud of me. I was even bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6 am to get there in time for my early tee off. Mind you....after 5 hours on the course in 109F temp, I forgot my purse at the club. Was it sleep deprivation? Nah...probably that beer I chugged rather quickly after the round. (I can't remember the last time I had a beer taste so delisiously wonderful).

You know it's hot out when you go into the hot tub (set at 103) and it's refreshing.

I wonder if the whole cpap thing helps with heat tolerance. I've never been able to handle temps this hot. Back end of last summer (after 4 months of cpap) and so far this summer the heat hasn't bothered me at all.
These beautiful kids in my avi are my motivation for getting healthy and staying compliant. Need to be around a long time. See my new blog at http://creativekidscakeslife.blogspot.com/ Baking Blog http://feedingtheravenoushorde.blogspot.com

brazospearl

Post by brazospearl » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:03 pm

I've noticed I'm better able to tolerate heat since I started CPAP. As long as the air's moving, anyway. For years, I'd get overheated incredibly quickly, and then it took hours for me feel comfy again. Now I don't overheat nearly as fast, and it's easier to cool off. No idea why CPAP helps this, but it seems to be true!

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:58 pm

We don't have AC, and I'm using the outflow vent on my mask as a personal AC. It helps!

Loved the MIL rant! I have a wonderful MIL, but my mom and your MIL sound like they were cut from the same cloth.

I went to college 2 time zones east of where my parents lived, back in the days when landline phone calls were cheaper after 11 p.m. and calling long distance was considered an extravagance. My mom used to wait until 11 p.m. her time to call--1 a.m. where I was. Her theory was that college kids never sleep anyway. WRONG! I'd wake up on the phone mid-conversation with my mom going on and on a mile a minute. Only her frugality made these calls relatively short.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Froro wrote: I wonder if the whole cpap thing helps with heat tolerance. I've never been able to handle temps this hot. Back end of last summer (after 4 months of cpap) and so far this summer the heat hasn't bothered me at all.
It isn't helping me. I have both airconditioners going full blast and I told the dog to use the papers. Montreal is so hot humid and smoggy I am having trouble breathing. I had an interview with a head hunter this morning, took a taxi there and back and explained that though I had "power suits" I wasn't wearing wool in this heat.

Thank you all you guys down south but you can take your heat and humidity back any time now. In your terms it is 91 feels like 106 with no wind - for us that is a red banner heat and humidity warning. The sky is grey brownish colour near the horizon.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal