ResScan -> 4.02

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
torontoCPAPguy

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.14

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:20 am

1. Thank you Uncle Bob!
2. I have been dealing with my OSA effectively for some time now and am using the latest S9 Auto which is great. HOWEVER, newbies should realize that the data from their S9's (etc) is not ALL the data they should be looking for. It is also critically important (at least IMHO and for me) to monitor SpO2 (blood oxygen saturation) through the sleep. It should not drop below 90% at any time or your autonomic nervous system is likely to arouse you (not that way) out of REM if you are lucky enough to make it that deep.... and that is where you need to get to.

Not dreaming? You are likely not making it into REM sleep where the old eyeballs twitch and scare the heck out of your bed mate. What happens when your SpO2 drops under 90% is that the oxygen in the blood is replaced by carbon dioxide, to which the body reacts and gives you a poke to tell you to wake up and breath deeper. At least it did for me. Even with APAP I was not getting a good night of sleep.

Do yourself a favour; get a pulse oximeter (one of the wee fingertip jobs is good) and spread the graph of your SpO2 to match the times on your graphic output from your S9. What you might note is that any events are associated with lowering of SpO2. Not a good thing. Your blood pressure is shooting up. You are not getting REM sleep. Your organs are not being oxygenated properly. You may wake up in a sweat or gasping for air.

In any event, my point is simply that the more data the merrier and we should ALL be making use of it and titrating our pressures to help. I have discovered that I require infused oxygen (only 4L/M) at night to keep me in 'the range'. Without all of this data we collect I would never know. And the difference it has made has not only helped me to a better night of sleep, but has more than likely saved my life as I have developed Atrial Fibrillation in the interim.

AFib + high BP = stroke. "He passed away peacefully in his sleep". There is no such thing as "I don't like wearing the nosebag and I am not going to do it". Your life depends on this data!

So. When I say thanks.... I really mean it.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

DJ_Boxer

Post by DJ_Boxer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks Uncle_Bob! Just downloaded it.

DJ
"Embrace your dreams"- Angeal Hewley

DoctorJoe99

Post by DoctorJoe99 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Hello all...new to the forum.

I sure hope not to beat a dead horse but I still can't manage to find the link to the 3.14 ResScan version...As a real doctor I even legitimately registered with ResMed and that is the only thing they are hiding from me haha!

Many thanks to Uncle Bob for the 3.13 version (and everything else you do here)...changing the link to 3.14 (or any variation I can think of) doesn't seem to work.

Seems like this must some "private" matter or I assume Uncle Bob would have just changed his signature...looks like people have had success getting the link PM'd to them...if anyone has it and could PM it to me thanks a lot in advance...

Joe

JeffL

Post by JeffL » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:54 pm

DoctorJoe99 wrote:Hello all...new to the forum.

I sure hope not to beat a dead horse but I still can't manage to find the link to the 3.14 ResScan version...As a real doctor I even legitimately registered with ResMed and that is the only thing they are hiding from me haha!

Many thanks to Uncle Bob for the 3.13 version (and everything else you do here)...changing the link to 3.14 (or any variation I can think of) doesn't seem to work.

Seems like this must some "private" matter or I assume Uncle Bob would have just changed his signature...looks like people have had success getting the link PM'd to them...if anyone has it and could PM it to me thanks a lot in advance...

Joe
I sent you a Private Message. Check the upper left corner of the screen, under "Search" for User Control Panel (n new messages).

DoctorJoe99

Post by DoctorJoe99 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 am

Many thanks to Pugsy and JeffL...Got the link.

Looks like ResMed might be making it more difficult to get the 3.14 version for patients for liability reasons...as we have to "agree to use the software under the direction of a physician".

I guess life would be no fun without all these hoops haha!

Dr. Joe

moralecl

Post by moralecl » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:53 am

Can you please send me the link for ResScan 3.14? Thanks! Does it work with the S9 Escape Auto? My Datalog directory appears to be empty on the SD card but there are updated files in the root of the card.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:58 am

moralecl wrote:Does it work with the S9 Escape Auto?
It will work but unfortunately the only data that is on the SD card from the S9 Escape Auto is hours of use, AHI and pressure. No leak data, no flow data, no event breakdown in the AHI. Without leak data no way to know if the AHI is accurate.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:58 am

moralecl wrote:Can you please send me the link for ResScan 3.14? Thanks! Does it work with the S9 Escape Auto? My Datalog directory appears to be empty on the SD card but there are updated files in the root of the card.
If you look at the very first post of this topic, in the signature for Uncle_Bob, you will see the link.

Floki

Post by Floki » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Someone please PM me the link for downloading ResScan 3.14? Thanks in advance!
I'm a new S9 Auto user. Just started last night.

Perrybucsdad

Post by Perrybucsdad » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:01 am

As stated immediately before this post, If you look at the very first post of this topic, in the signature for Uncle_Bob, you will see the link.

TheTwinsMom1

Post by TheTwinsMom1 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:29 am

nm. I found it.
APAP Pressure of 12-20, EPR of 3, CMS-50F Oximeter, PapCap, and Regenesis Pillow. 200mg Provigil in the AM. Also diagnosed with Idiopathic Hypersomnia.

DODEL59

Post by DODEL59 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Good evening,
I live in France and I am a new user S9 Auto.
Outside of having problems during the night (I wake up and can no longer sleep), I am looking for the link to download ResScan 3.14?
Thank you in advance.

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Look in the signature of any message of Uncle_Bob for the link.

bchdata

Post by bchdata » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:16 pm

I want to install Resscan on my new Ultrabook.

Can I get a link?

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:20 pm

Read up.