ResScan -> 4.02

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Uncle_Bob

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.14

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:06 pm

ResScan 3.14 Release Notes
==========================

This version of ResScan software contains some minor issues that are currently being resolved for the next release.
There are no known issues that affect safety or usage.

Bright Choice

Post by Bright Choice » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Do I have to remove my 3.12 first? If so, I think I have seen posts that the data will not get removed. Correct?

Last edited by Bright Choice on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greg-g

Post by greg-g » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:22 pm

I've now installed all resscans updates from version 3.09 onwards on a Windows 7 x64 computer. I've always just installed the new version without removing the previous ones.
For the first time ever I had an error message about being unable to find a ResScan.msi file that aborted the installation. As per a previous comment on this forum I reinstalled ResScan, selected "repair" and all is now OK.
All previous data etc. is OK.
I do have automatic daily backups of all data that I've never had to use, but a data backup is always recommended.
Many thanks to Uncle Bob

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:27 pm

It is recommended to delete the installed version before installing a new version.

The existing, downloaded data are not affected.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm

On windows 7 64 bit i did a remove under the control panel and then an install and everything is OK so far.

I've not downloaded any new data yet but i notice on the S9 Autoset example data there is a detailed graph for "pressure rate high" which i am curious about.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:On windows 7 64 bit i did a remove under the control panel and then an install and everything is OK so far.

I've not downloaded any new data yet but i notice on the S9 Autoset example data there is a detailed graph for "pressure rate high" which i am curious about.
Seems stable here too, though I'm still seeing the window-resize/no-refresh glitch. (I am still seeing skew, as expected.) So long as you don't resize the window it all works fine. I am not seeing the 'pressure rate high' detailed graph that you are seeing for the S9 Autoset in ResScan 3.14.

Edit - got it - "example data" - not our data. Now I'm curious too, but it will have to wait until tomorrow for me. Good night!

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:40 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:I've not downloaded any new data yet but i notice on the S9 Autoset example data there is a detailed graph for "pressure rate high" which i am curious about.
Is it maybe related to the new S9 VPAP? Look in the XML file and see if that graph isn't listed under the S9 VPAP section. I'm not quite ready to install 14.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:01 am

idamtnboy wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:I've not downloaded any new data yet but i notice on the S9 Autoset example data there is a detailed graph for "pressure rate high" which i am curious about.
Is it maybe related to the new S9 VPAP? Look in the XML file and see if that graph isn't listed under the S9 VPAP section. I'm not quite ready to install 14.
I don't find any combination of 'pressure' 'rate' and 'high', with or without spaces in any string combination in the xml file.

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:24 am

The "Pressure (High Rate)" graph is in the "Example, S9 AutoSet" patient. The ResScan.xml entry is /ResScan/DataAnalysis/Views/Detailed/Graphs/HighRatePressure. It is a graph of one of the pressures that's collected at a higher rate.

Since there isn't a PNA_EXCLUDE entry for the S9 in this graph and the RLK files are much bigger than normal, close to double, I decided to see what would happen if I just downloaded last night's data into 3.14. No joy. When I copied the example RLK files to my folder, however, the Pressure (High Rate) graph does show. That implies that ResScan.xml is okay as shipped as far as displaying this graph for the S9 Autoset is concerned.

This graph is not new to 3.14. It was also present in 3.13's ResScan.xml file and probably in 3.12, going back to whatever version was released after 5/7/2010 (the date on the RLK files). Can someone with either ResScan 3.12 or 3.13 take a look at the S9 Autoset example and see if it shows the "Pressure (High Rate)" graph?

The key piece of info is that the example RLK files are much larger than normal. This implies that more data is being captured by ResScan when performing a download. When I tested my data from last night, though, the RLK file was the usual size for the length of time my machine was running.

I can think of 3 reasons why the S9 Autoset example would show this but not real S9 Autoset data:

1. A firmware upgrade is needed. The example doesn't show a firmware version, so I can't confirm this as a possibility. My gut, however, says this isn't the reason. The EDF files on the S9 have always had pressure capture at a high rate.
2. Resmed accidentally placed the RLK files in the wrong example. I doubt this one due to the timestamps on the files. the S9 VPAP Auto examples are dated 03/18/2011. The S9 Autoset RLKs with the high rate pressure are dated 05/07/2010 and are of different sizes than those for the S9 VPAP Auto.
3. Another tweak to ResScan.xml, specifically dealing with the download process, is needed. Most likely, a tweak somewhere in the DataManger node filters.
4. Something I haven't thought of.

To be honest, though, what could we gain by displaying this higher capture rate pressure data?
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:16 am

Okay, it's #3 in my previous post. I was able to make another ResScan.xml change that allowed a subsequent download to result in a Pressure (High Rate) graph in addition to the usual Pressure graph, but I'm only part of the way there. It did not display the actual high resolution pressure data like the example. There's another piece that needs to be changed, but finding it may be like finding a needle in a haystack.

So far, I've managed to

1. display Pressure (High Rate), only with the low resolution pressure data being shown
2. find 2 ways to prevent both Pressure and Leak data from being downloaded, thus causing the graphs to disappear completely
3. get the red therapy pressure line to display on the pressure graph like it may have done in the past, only it displayed the wrong data
4. create several more bizarre things not worth mentioning

The haystack exists because I don't fully know how the DataManager's node filters work. Are they cumalative? Are they sequential based on order of appearance within ResScan.xml or possibly sequential in some other way? Is the first entry in the remap replaced by the second, or is it the other way around? I think it's the latter case, but I'm not convinced. Without a complete understanding of how the filters/remaps work, it's just guess work.

What I am sure of is that the filters and/or remaps were different at the time Resmed created the S9 Autoset example files last May.

If anyone knows what version of ResScan was released after 05/07/2010, I'll try to get a copy of that version and see if I can identify what was changed. That is, if someone can think of a useful reason to display the Pressure (High Rate) graph. I could spend a lot of time in this rabbit hole before finding the correct changes, so I don't want to without a good reason. Life's busy enough without tracking down something whose value may be limited to curiosity only.
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:26 am

BernieRay wrote:This graph is not new to 3.14. It was also present in 3.13's ResScan.xml file and probably in 3.12, going back to whatever version was released after 5/7/2010 (the date on the RLK files). Can someone with either ResScan 3.12 or 3.13 take a look at the S9 Autoset example and see if it shows the "Pressure (High Rate)" graph?
It's there in 3.12. I think I know what it is. There are two sets of pressure data in the S9 output, one in the PLD file, and one in the BRP file. The example graph must be showing the high rate one from the BRP file. Resscan shows the low rate one from the PLD file. I'll do some playing around sometime in the next few days and see if I can figure out we aren't seeing the high rate graph. It may have something to do with naming inconsistencies between the data in the edf files and the xml file.

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

idamtnboy wrote:.
It's there in 3.12. I think I know what it is. There are two sets of pressure data in the S9 output, one in the PLD file, and one in the BRP file. The example graph must be showing the high rate one from the BRP file. Resscan shows the low rate one from the PLD file. I'll do some playing around sometime in the next few days and see if I can figure out we aren't seeing the high rate graph. It may have something to do with naming inconsistencies between the data in the edf files and the xml file.
I thought it would be there in 3.12 - thanks for confirming it. It's likely been around since last May but no one mentioned it before now.

Those naming "inconsistencies" aren't so much inconsistencies but artifacts from terminology changes over the years as new machines have come to market. Terms that made sense with simpler machines don't with the newer, more capable machines. The mechanism to handle data from both the old and new machines consistently within ResScan is defined in the DataManager filters/remaps within ResScan.xml. Once you start looking, I think you'll see this.
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:39 pm

BernieRay wrote: To be honest, though, what could we gain by displaying this higher capture rate pressure data?
Yep, I aint seeing it and I'm not bothered either

BernieRay

Post by BernieRay » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:57 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:
BernieRay wrote: To be honest, though, what could we gain by displaying this higher capture rate pressure data?
Yep, I aint seeing it and I'm not bothered either
You still get a star in my book for spotting this. Good eye, sir!
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:39 am

3.14 hides somewhere off screen in XP Mode on my 64-bit machine. I cannot see the window at all. I cannot use standard practices to get the window back into the viewing space of my monitor. I can see the tab for it on the taskbar, but 'restore' does not work and 'move' is unavailable. When I try to go back to 3.13, I still see the same problem, so it's not version-specific. All I can do is right-click the tab and close. Reboot makes no difference. Has anyone else had this problem?

SOLVED: Never Mind - I figured it out.
Open another program (for instance notepad).
Alt-tab to select ResScan.
Alt-shift-m to move ResScan around.
Use the arrow keys starting most likely with left or down key to shift it around until you see a corner appear on screen.

Anyway, if someone else comes up against this, they'll have a head start.

Last edited by DreamDiver on Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.