ResScan -> 4.02

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Uncle_Bob

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.12

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

TriKKy wrote:Hi, new to site, love the info, need help getting hands on software and Uncle Bob's signature is non-existent at the moment . Hey, at least I read through! Thanks in advance, sure you're all sick of the question.
Its back

CRM114

Post by CRM114 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:16 pm

CRM114 wrote:Hello everyone,
I have been on the s9 for a week now and looking forward to view my results. I see many references here on the possibility of 'downloading' the most recent software to read the data, however I need some help doing so. Can anyone assist me!? Thanks so much in advance.
Uncle Bob,
This is so very much appreciated. I thank you all for being here.
I successfully downloaded software to windows pc.
I, however have a chip/card reader on a mac laptop...and not on my windows pc.
I can upload and read the files on the mac from the s9 chip.
I have tried to migrate that data from the mac to the newly downloaded resmed software on the windows pc, with no luck. (burning files from the s9 chip on the mac to a disc, and trying to get the software to read the disc on the windows pc...it wont read the disc). Anyone have this issue ... workaround...without having to purchase a card reader for the windows pc...!?
Thank you again, very much for any help.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:23 pm

CRM114 wrote:I can upload and read the files on the mac from the s9 chip.
I have tried to migrate that data from the mac to the newly downloaded resmed software on the windows pc, with no luck. (burning files from the s9 chip on the mac to a disc, and trying to get the software to read the disc on the windows pc...it wont read the disc). Anyone have this issue ... workaround...without having to purchase a card reader for the windows pc...!?
Check this thread for how to get ResScan to run on a Mac
viewtopic/t62157/BootCamp-Macs-amp-ResScan.html

It can be done but as you will see, a bit of work.

I do believe that any generic card reader will work though for the SD card. I think members have mentioned finding on at walmart for $10 or so.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Pugsy wrote:
CRM114 wrote:I can upload and read the files on the mac from the s9 chip.
I do believe that any generic card reader will work though for the SD card. I think members have mentioned finding on at walmart for $10 or so.
Resmed, in their s/w writing wisdom made it so that Resscan will only download directly from the SD card. Fortunately, an SD card reader will only cost you 3 or 4 lattes!

TriKKy

Post by TriKKy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:59 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:
TriKKy wrote:Hi, new to site, love the info, need help getting hands on software and Uncle Bob's signature is non-existent at the moment . Hey, at least I read through! Thanks in advance, sure you're all sick of the question.
Its back
Sure, make me look crazy.

Thanks!!!!

mystafyxa

Post by mystafyxa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am

there is an alternative software in free ware that will give you a line graph. however the data can be read in the machine at different levels of inquiry. the method of accessing the data is in the book but just in case press lowest button and the big selector button for a few seconds and itr will allow you into setup. to access the data at one day, one week, one month, three months, and so on do this: press and hold the i button for a couple of seconds the screen changes. scroll down one and pre3ss the selector button once. this will give you access to the menu. the top item should select (it turns yellow) then you can alter the time scale allowing you to read averages of traetment use and effectiveness. I hope this helps.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 pm

gbouten wrote:Newbe here and I'm on day two using my Resmed S9. I just install Rescan 3.12, and it downloads the data just fine, but I cant see any of the detailed reports only the times when the machine was on. Is this software supposed to tell me more info?
Thanks I'm glad I found this site.
Please go to the user control panel and update the equipment section (in text) in your signature so it is easier to help you.
Check your maching an see if it is a Resmed Escape, Elite, or Autoset.
If it is an Escape, you won't get anything but usage.

CRM114

Post by CRM114 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:58 pm

CRM114 wrote:
CRM114 wrote:Hello everyone,
I have been on the s9 for a week now and looking forward to view my results. I see many references here on the possibility of 'downloading' the most recent software to read the data, however I need some help doing so. Can anyone assist me!? Thanks so much in advance.
Uncle Bob,
This is so very much appreciated. I thank you all for being here.
I successfully downloaded software to windows pc.
I, however have a chip/card reader on a mac laptop...and not on my windows pc.
I can upload and read the files on the mac from the s9 chip.
Thank you again, very much for any help.

Pugsy
[/quote]

Hello Pugsy...This worked great....a card reader! Thanks so much.
I just wanted to avoid partioning the MAC to accomodate this one program...lots of problems doing that.
For those who might be interested, I purchased a"IOGEAR" 3-port USB 2.0 Hub with 45-in-1 Card Reader/Writer....I can use the writer to download data to another card.
CRM114

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:19 pm

"45-in-1"? I didn't know there were that many types of cards.

idamtnboy

Post by idamtnboy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:17 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:"45-in-1"? I didn't know there were that many types of cards.
Maybe it includes a reader for the old IBM mainframe computer magnetic storage strips that were about 2" wide by 18" long!!!

brookshank

Post by brookshank » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I have an S9 and wonder if someone would PM me the link, please...

Thanks..

brookshank

Post by brookshank » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Got it. Thanks!

DreamDiver

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.14

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:22 am

New forum member adambrock has pointed out to me that the latest version of ResScan is now downloadable. Existing users can go to the original download form page for 3.12 and substitute 3.14 in the address. I'll be curious what some of our geekier forum members will discover about the new version. As of yet, 3.14 is still flakey on windows 7 64-bit. Bernie Ray's Directions for RRT and TID exposure still work for 3.14.

For more information about ResScan for forum members, please check out the ResScan cpaptalk wiki page.

If someone asks for a link after this post, others who already have the link please volunteer to pass it along.

Cheers

Breathe Jimbo

Re: ResScan 3.14

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm sorry, what is the exact download link?

Uncle_Bob

Re: ResScan 3.14

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:I'm sorry, what is the exact download link?
See my signature below my avatar.