ResScan -> 4.02

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Breathe Jimbo

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.14

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

See the link in Uncle_Bob's signature, above.

Re: ResScan 3.10 -> 3.11-> 3.14

Post by Guest » Sat May 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Golden-Alpine wrote:You can export your data from 3.10. Follow the following instructions.

Exporting Data Files
You can export ResScan summary data from patient file to comma separated value (CSV) files
for use with other programs.
1. From the File menu, choose Export. The Export Patient file to CSV dialog is displayed.
Note: Before opening the dialog box, ResScan displays an indexing message. This message is
generally brief, however you can cancel indexing by pressing the Cancel button.
2. Select the patient group from the Patient Group drop down list.
3. Select the date range from which to generate the CSV files.
4. Select one or more patient files from the list of patients.
5. Click the Export Selected button.
A CSV file is generated for each of the selected patients. The name of the file is that of the
patient.
Alternatively, you can export all patient files in a patient group to a single CSV file by clicking the
Export All button. The name of the generated CSV file is that of the patient group.
After exporting your files, Windows Explorer automatically launches to the folder to which the
files have been saved, either My Documents\ResMed\ResScan\Exports (Windows 2000 or XP)
or <Username>\Documents\ResMed\ResScan\Exports (Windows Vista).
Note: You cannot select the units for exported data. Eg, pressures are always exported as
cm H2O, even if you have selected hPa in the Options dialog box.

Importing Data Files
You can import existing AutoScan and ResScan 1.1 data files.
1. From the File menu, choose Import. The Import Patients dialog is displayed.
2. In the Import From field, choose the source of the files and select the files required.
3. In the Import To field, choose the destination of the files from the Patient groups (page 13)
displayed.
If you tick the Do not prompt on overwrite box, imported files will overwrite files of the
same name that already exist in ResScan.
OK, but it does not seem to export the pressure data. Any idea how to resolve that problem?

sleeplessinmidwest

Post by sleeplessinmidwest » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:23 am

I cannot get a prescription from my doctor for the software for my Resmed autoset S9 and live too far from my medical supply store to get printouts (detailed, which they're reluctant to give anyway); my last straw was in losing the data card trying to get it to the supply store and back.

Can you refer me to a legitimate site where I can buy a bug-free version of the software for reading the data on the new SD card once it arrives so I can start using it again? Also, do I literally need to buy a card reader and cords or whatever, also? Can you specify the minimums I'll need for looking at the full nightly graphs and all data readings?

Many, many thanks!

Uncle_Bob wrote:EDIT : ResScan has recently been updated to version 3.14

Anyone who has the indirect link with the form for previous versions just needs to change the 3.xx to 3.14 in the link and will gets you the latest.

I'll be upgrading tonight and post anything i find of interest at the end of this thread.

Thanks
UB

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:10 pm

sleeplessinmidwest wrote:I cannot get a prescription from my doctor for the software for my Resmed autoset S9 and live too far from my medical supply store to get printouts (detailed, which they're reluctant to give anyway); my last straw was in losing the data card trying to get it to the supply store and back.

Can you refer me to a legitimate site where I can buy a bug-free version of the software for reading the data on the new SD card once it arrives so I can start using it again? Also, do I literally need to buy a card reader and cords or whatever, also? Can you specify the minimums I'll need for looking at the full nightly graphs and all data readings?

Many, many thanks!

Uncle_Bob wrote:EDIT : ResScan has recently been updated to version 3.14

Anyone who has the indirect link with the form for previous versions just needs to change the 3.xx to 3.14 in the link and will gets you the latest.

I'll be upgrading tonight and post anything i find of interest at the end of this thread.

Thanks
UB
Check your PMS

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:34 pm

Jenady wrote:
UncleBob suggested uninstalling 3.14 and then installing 3.13 which I did. ResScan opened up and automatically started reading my SD card. Again, it got to 16% and ResScan shut down.

Does anyone have a clue what I need to do to get around this issue? Please.
I have had versions 3.13 and 3.14 running on my Toshiba laptop (windows 7 64-bit) without any problems.
As you have tried uninstalling and are still seeing the same problem then you could try number of things.

1) try a different SD card
2) try a different SD card application e.g is the SD card slot good for downloading a card full of digital photos
3) use the toshiba diagnostic tools on your PC, there is a doctor type one on mine.
4) use the system restore feature and restore to the day before you first installed ResScan.

billystp

Post by billystp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 pm

New guy here with a new S9 Autoset. Could somebody please send me a link for the software? Thanks

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 pm

The link is in Uncle_Bob's signature, immediately (3/4") above your post.

ccgrandma

Post by ccgrandma » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:04 pm

How do I download a version to us on a Mac?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:15 pm

ccgrandma wrote:How do I download a version to us on a Mac?
There is no Mac version.

Mac users have to set up Windows environment like Bootcamp for ResScan to work. Parallels in Mac also I think I have seen mentioned.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Breathe Jimbo

Post by Breathe Jimbo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Keep an eye out for SleepyHead, currently in rapid development. It will have a Mac version. Not working with ResMed data yet.

tschultz

Post by tschultz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Breathe Jimbo wrote:Keep an eye out for SleepyHead, currently in rapid development. It will have a Mac version. Not working with ResMed data yet.
The ResMed data support for SleepyHead is getting very close and will be work on Mac, Linux and Windows with my major development being done on a Mac at this time.

Adjusting to life with OSA and being pressurized each night ...

NCHawk

Post by NCHawk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:53 am

I was upgraded to an S9 last February when my old CPAP died, and didn't realize there was a way I could read the card until recently. So today I downloaded ResScan 3.14. The installation went fine; I didn't install any of the drivers because my computer has an SD reader. However, whenever I try to start ResScan it causes my computer to restart. I'm running XP SP3 on a five-year-old E-Machine, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I'd like to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to use all the charts and graphs to check my sleep patterns.

BobF4

Post by BobF4 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:48 pm

NCHawk wrote:I was upgraded to an S9 last February when my old CPAP died, and didn't realize there was a way I could read the card until recently. So today I downloaded ResScan 3.14. The installation went fine; I didn't install any of the drivers because my computer has an SD reader. However, whenever I try to start ResScan it causes my computer to restart. I'm running XP SP3 on a five-year-old E-Machine, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated, as I'd like to be able to take advantage of the opportunity to use all the charts and graphs to check my sleep patterns.
NC,

I will give this a shot tomorrow on my eMachine that is approximately the same age, and let you know the results.

Bob
(not Uncle_Bob)

-- Buckaroo Banzai

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:06 pm

Meanwhile,try uninstalling, running ccleaner and re-intstalling.

Does it restart your computer even when you have no SD card in the reader?

Can you - for troubleshooting purposes - disconnect all other USB devices from your computer?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

NCHawk

Post by NCHawk » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 am

ozij wrote:Meanwhile,try uninstalling, running ccleaner and re-intstalling.

Does it restart your computer even when you have no SD card in the reader?

Can you - for troubleshooting purposes - disconnect all other USB devices from your computer?
I tried it with and without the SD card, with the same result. The only USB device I have connected is my printer; I'll give that a try if uninstalling, running ccleaner, and reinstalling doesn't help.