NEWBIE CPAP and Diarrhea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: NEWBIE CPAP and Diarrhea

Post by Julie » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:03 am

This is kind of a reach I guess, but if you have back issues, problems with plumbing are not unheard of, and if when wearing the Cpap you tend to stiffen in one position, it could aggravate your back and....

If you see what I mean.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm

As a child, I had stress-triggered diarrhea whenever my parents argued.
I only mention this because a person having trouble accepting cpap might be having that much stress.

mark b

Post by mark b » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:23 am

Wulfman wrote:
rickywli wrote:Does anyone have Diarrhea when they use the CPAP. It seems if I use the CPAP longer than 6 hours a night I have been having diarrhea.

Anybody else have this?
Are you taking something like Glucophage (Metformin)?

Den

dwe

Post by dwe » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:54 am

There is a article in the "Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine" stating that test have proven that symptoms of Aerophagia are common in patients on CPAP therapy and are related to the presence of nighttime gastroesphageal reflux. Symptoms of Aerophagia include bloating, belching, decreased appetite, diarrhea, flatulence, and stomach noise. I have been using CPAP for five months and all the symptoms except the first two.

Boblabla1964

Post by Boblabla1964 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:06 am

I am sure it would be possible for diarrhea causing bacteria to thrive and be transfered to your body if your masc/hose are not cleaned regularly - especially if you use the humidifier. Good luck.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Boblabla1964 wrote:I am sure it would be possible for diarrhea causing bacteria to thrive and be transfered to your body if your masc/hose are not cleaned regularly - especially if you use the humidifier. Good luck.
complete and utter garbage.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:22 pm

palerider wrote:
Boblabla1964 wrote:I am sure it would be possible for diarrhea causing bacteria to thrive and be transfered to your body if your masc/hose are not cleaned regularly - especially if you use the humidifier. Good luck.
6 Year old post too. OP has not been around since.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:40 pm

LSAT wrote:
palerider wrote:
6 Year old post too. OP has not been around since.
indeed, I just wanted to comment on Boblabla1964 acute lack of anything even resembling accuracy.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Denial kills; and if that were not bad enough, its proponents try to harm others with their LIES.

DH

Post by DH » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:18 am

I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't let all the condescending replies go without response. Does anyone here know what Google is? Then look up diarrhea in cpap users, and learn a new word, "aerophagia".

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:14 am

What?

One thing has nothing to do with the other!

numnutz

Post by numnutz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am

FWIW; after Pugsy's excellent suggestion to switch from cpap to apap, and solving my aerophagia problem,which annoyed my reflux, was diagnosed with sludge in gallbladder which after removal solved diarrhea problem. Maybe he needs to dig a little deeper.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:23 pm

DH wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't let all the condescending replies go without response. Does anyone here know what Google is? Then look up diarrhea in cpap users, and learn a new word, "aerophagia".
What does swallowing air have to do with diarrhea? Look at the definitions of aerophagia. It results in BELCHING and GAS. Not one definition mentions diarrhea.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:57 pm

My best guess is that it's purely coincidental, but that could be wrong. Certainly swallowing air can be the case. Also, if you're taking medications (such as the one already suggested), you may now be reacting differently.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:54 pm

DH wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't let all the condescending replies go without response. Does anyone here know what Google is? Then look up diarrhea in cpap users, and learn a new word, "aerophagia".
Finally a subject D.H. to stir, a true expert on the runny matter! A Doctorate in B.S... Imodium A.D., it's not just for CPAP users anymore. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire