CPAP.com Redesign Is Live

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
johnnygoodman

CPAP.com Redesign Is Live

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:36 am

Howdy,

CPAP.com has been redesigned! Our team is pushing it live as I write and we expect our "Zzz Downtime" message to be replaced by a shiny new website at ~8 AM CST. To check it out, go to CPAP.com as you normally would.

There's a lot of love about the new design, but I want to give you the high points:

1. Users designed it. We ate our own cooking and user tested the stuffing out of this website.

2. Pictures > Text. We moved away from text only where ever we could. The category nav, the replacement part finder, the learning center and our product pages are all image focused. You don't need to squint to figure out what you are going to get when you click on something.

3. Newbie Friendly. While many on CPAPtalk know that Snugglehoses, mask wipes and heated humidifiers are available to increase comfort, not all first time CPAP.com visitors do. To help new visitors along, we've sprinkled our navigation with "Did You Know" tips and added a Dell style customize page that shows all the add ons available for a given product. We've also upgraded our FAQs into a full blown learning center.

4. Better Category Nav. This one is best experienced, check out CPAP Masks.

Our team is excited, proud and standing by to field bug requests!

Johnny

bdp522

Re: CPAP.com Redesign Is Live

Post by bdp522 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 am

I like it!

Brenda

RLAUREN

Post by RLAUREN » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:10 am

Like it so far. Job well done

Nord

Post by Nord » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:11 am

Hi Johnny

The site looks great and seems to work great...
I took a spin around and it seems to work much easier and much more intuitively.

I like it.

Nord

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 am

EDIT:
What Nord said.
The interface is intuitive.
Painless upsell.
The user back-end is very easy to navigate - much better than the previous one.
Looking forward to my next sale.

First suggestion: Here's an easy tweak: make prescriptions pop into a new tab or window (target="_blank"). Alternatively, use something like lightbox2 to bring the prescription into a modal, closeable frame.
johnnygoodman wrote:Howdy,

I'm glad you like it!
First suggestion: Here's an easy tweak: make prescriptions pop into a new tab or window (target="_blank"). Alternatively, use something like lightbox2 to bring the prescription into a modal, closeable frame.
This is a good idea. I have passed it to our "keeper of the tickets" for inclusion in a future release.

Johnny

Last edited by DreamDiver on Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Torrent

Post by Torrent » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:23 am

Very nice, modern re-design, intuitive navigation, clean interface.. I think my AHI just went down while surfing it...!

Torrent

blakepro

Post by blakepro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Its funny. I think I was actually shopping when the change took place. I remember thinking... Hmm.. I dont remember the page I was just looking at looking like this.

I may have been one of your first customers on the new design! I purchsed a PR SYSTEM One Auto and some filters. It worked great. I like the layout and it didint give me any problems.

Thanks for the great site and the great prices.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 pm

DreamDiver wrote:Howdy,

I'm glad you like it!
This is a good idea. I have passed it to our "keeper of the tickets" for inclusion in a future release.

Johnny
Hey Johnny,

Not sure how you did it, but it looks like you edited my post instead of replying.
And yes, the site looks awesome.

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 pm

Howdy,

I just noticed that too. I have no idea at all. I was not using forumadmin powers at the time. I suppose its just a mystical day.

Johnny
DreamDiver wrote:
DreamDiver wrote:Howdy,

I'm glad you like it!

Johnny
Hey Johnny,

Not sure how you did it, but it looks like you edited my post instead of replying.
And yes, the site looks awesome.

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:07 pm

blakepro wrote:Its funny. I think I was actually shopping when the change took place. I remember thinking... Hmm.. I dont remember the page I was just looking at looking like this.

I may have been one of your first customers on the new design! I purchsed a PR SYSTEM One Auto and some filters. It worked great. I like the layout and it didint give me any problems.

Thanks so much for your business. You were the third in post redesign launch. So close!

Johnny

blakepro

Post by blakepro » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:10 pm

johnnygoodman wrote:
blakepro wrote:Its funny. I think I was actually shopping when the change took place. I remember thinking... Hmm.. I dont remember the page I was just looking at looking like this.

Thanks so much for your business. You were the third in post redesign launch. So close!

Johnny
ha ha ha... well, maybe next time!

snnnark

Post by snnnark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

Hi Johnny, looking good!

I just noticed that if you go to next page with some "compares" selected, it loses the previous pages selections.... did that make sense?

And the "Did you know" on software says
The IntelliPAP machines have sleep tracking capabilities built in – no software required. Learn about the IntelliPAP's Smartcode capabilities!

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Looks good! But where are the packages? Personally, I think it's counter intuitive to have to shop for an xpap and it's matching humidifier as separate exercises. I would suggest that you add links to show the various packages that are available for each machine, with a single package price. Include links to accessories such as filters, batteries, etc.
I'm workin' on it.

snnnark

Post by snnnark » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm

Hose_Head wrote:Looks good! But where are the packages? Personally, I think it's counter intuitive to have to shop for an xpap and it's matching humidifier as separate exercises. I would suggest that you add links to show the various packages that are available for each machine, with a single package price. Include links to accessories such as filters, batteries, etc.
Try the "customize and buy" button! Everything you need then can be added to the initial machine. Quite cool!

dtsm

Post by dtsm » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:32 pm

snnnark wrote:Try the "customize and buy" button! Everything you need then can be added to the initial machine. Quite cool!
Yes, this is a much improved feature and better than those silly pop-ups. Good stuff!