RESMED Dealer in Thailand

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
buddy_flash

RESMED Dealer in Thailand

Post by buddy_flash » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:12 am

Does anyone know who I can contact in Thailand to buy a RESMED AutoSpirit? I live in Thailand and have not be able to locate a dealer or sales agent.

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:41 pm

I looked on the resmed website and they don't list a distributor in Thailand. But you've probably already done that. i'm still looking so keep in touch.

Chris

chrisp

Post by chrisp » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:04 pm

The only place I could find in Thailand is the sleep clinic at Bangkok Bumrungrad Hospital. The website didnt load so thats all the information I can get. Perhaps you could ask them where you can get a Spirit..Also. Give cpap.com a try. Even with fedEx shipping it would probably be cheaper than buying locally... Good luck..

Chris

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 14, 2004 7:27 pm

Call Resmed World Headquarters in San Diego, Ca. at 1-800-424-0737 and ask them if they have a distributor in Thailand.

Dennis

Re: RESMED Dealer in Thailand

Post by Dennis » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:27 am

buddy_flash wrote:Does anyone know who I can contact in Thailand to buy a RESMED AutoSpirit? I live in Thailand and have not be able to locate a dealer or sales agent.
Please advise me if you found the Resmed dealer in Thailand. Also please advise if you know of a dental clinic that fits mandibular devices to help sleep apnea patients.
many thanks
Dennis

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:39 pm

cpap.com has no borders and will probably get it to you more cheaply than you local dealer in any country.

https://www.cpap.com

dsm

Post & handling

Post by dsm » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:cpap.com has no borders and will probably get it to you more cheaply than you local dealer in any country.

https://www.cpap.com

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com

I would agree but for one thing. cpap.com uses UPS & as with Fedex, these outfits do a door to door delivery service and the cost is extraordinary.

I have done equal comparisons between Fedex, UPS, USPS. Each was for a 12/13 lb parcel, each offered tracking.

Both Fedex want something like $US215 to ship a 12/13lb parcel to Australia. UPS want about $175.

USPS price is less than half the above 2, but USPS require the parcel to be taken to their locations.

cpap.com to their credit agreed to cap my UPS charge. I ordered a RemStar AUTO+HH+Activa+Mirage ff - the cap was UPS$128. but then when the goods arrived the local UPS office sent me an extra bill for another $60.

Fedex charged $215 for a similar package (no additional invoice).

USPS charged $85 for a similar package.

I believe the cost of delivery to Thailand will be similar.

DSM

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

sir_cumference

Post by sir_cumference » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:35 am

I ordered an aura from cpap.com ($109) and was told it would cost $56 to deliever it to the uk!! I cancelled the order and got it from another US supplier also at $109 and was charged $22 USPS. The difference is speed I guess, as USPS took 8 days to arrive - but as I wasn't in any rush it was ok to take a little longer. However, to be charge over half the price again for delivery is, in my opinion, outrageous! And, cpap.com told me they would not offer any alternative shipping, it was $56 or nothing - that cost them the order and any future buisness from me!

sir_cumference

wjassmus

Post by wjassmus » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Hello, please be aware:
If you plan to buy from the US (whether from cpapdotcom or any other) you will need to supply them a prescription for exactly the item that you want to order issued by a doctor who has the permission to prescribe medical supplies in the United States of America. I just happened to stumble over this clause, when I planned to bring my own personal ResMed stuff back home with me from a business trip to the US, especially since it is quite a bit cheaper there. But it won't work, even with a German prescription.
As to my understanding European dealers (such as in Germany or UK) are not obliged to ask for prescriptions, but many of them only ship within Europe.
Finally do make sure that Thai customs would not seize (=keep) your shipment unless you can prove that you have at least a prescription from a Thailand based doctor... This is often the case with German customs who do not permit shipments to private addresses from pharmacies in other European countries.
So the best thing is to buy your ResMed stuff personally abroad (Malaysia? Singapore?) or have someone bring it along from a trip...
Good luck! Wolf from Germany (sufficiently equipped with ResMed shops)

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:22 pm

Please be advised that the posts you just answered are seven years old.
They are now ready for a replacement machine.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:56 pm

https://www.facebook.com/CPAPToThailand

Your best bet may be to find someone who travels back and forth for business or whatever and have them buy it and bring it back for you.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Guest wrote:this choice for you in Thailand.+66877190808 RESMED CPAP and ASSESORIES.
Kind of MOOT, answering posts that are very old, but I guess your keyboard needed some exercise, or your t.v. was broke. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:27 am

Goofproof wrote:
Guest wrote:this choice for you in Thailand.+66877190808 RESMED CPAP and ASSESORIES.
Kind of MOOT, answering posts that are very old, but I guess your keyboard needed some exercise, or your t.v. was broke. Jim
Maybe not Jim. The thread is well titled and could easily come up in a search. Current info is in place now
Morbius, are you bored?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:30 am

It was already in place, the internet, Google!
I hope the person that needed the info and didn't know how to use Google, hasn't died waiting. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Goofproof wrote:It was already in place, the internet, Google!
I hope the person that needed the info and didn't know how to use Google, hasn't died waiting. Jim
We could google everything in this forum too. There's no harm in this updated post. Thick skin Jim Be a rhino!
Morbius, are you bored?