c-pap hose making a gurgling noise!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: c-pap hose making a gurgling noise!

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:07 pm

OkyDoky wrote:
archangle wrote:The easiest solution is to turn down your humidity level, but then, of course, you have less humid air to breathe. If you're still comfortable, problem solved. If not work through the other suggestions above.
They stated " but I don't use my humidifier". So unless they have it in passover mode it must be from breathing.
arch never lets facts get in the way of a good ramble.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JrsGr8te

Post by JrsGr8te » Wed May 25, 2016 4:43 pm

Never, ever, ever cover he hose if you have a condensation problem. That would make it even worse!! I had that problem and I turned down the humidifier to 3 and the temp to 76 and never had the problem again.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed May 25, 2016 5:20 pm

JrsGr8te wrote:Never, ever, ever cover he hose if you have a condensation problem. That would make it even worse!! I had that problem and I turned down the humidifier to 3 and the temp to 76 and never had the problem again.
HUH? ......Where did this guy come from?

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed May 25, 2016 5:38 pm

JrsGr8te wrote:Never, ever, ever cover he hose if you have a condensation problem. That would make it even worse!! I had that problem and I turned down the humidifier to 3 and the temp to 76 and never had the problem again.
I would really like to hear the (physics) logic behind those statements.

Warm, moist water vapor in a hose is going to cool because the hose is exposed to the cooler room air. Thereby, converting the water vapor back into a liquid form. In theory, a hose cover should help keep some of that warmth in the hose and the cooler room air from cooling the hose (aka "insulation"). And, a heated hose should be even better........if you like breathing warm, humid air during the night.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
I would really like to hear the (physics) logic behind those statements.

Warm, moist water vapor in a hose is going to cool because the hose is exposed to the cooler room air. Thereby, converting the water vapor back into a liquid form. In theory, a hose cover should help keep some of that warmth in the hose and the cooler room air from cooling the hose (aka "insulation"). And, a heated hose should be even better........if you like breathing warm, humid air during the night.
+1

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Marty Hicks

Re: c-pap nose making a gurgling noise!

Post by Marty Hicks » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:20 am

I continue to be woken up regularly when my nose piece makes gurgling noise.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:01 am

If your humidifier's located higher than your head/mattress, put it on a lower surface - even by just a few inches. Water will run back to it and not to your face.