Need 3 people to test Quattro Mask liner PAD A CHEEK Product

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sunchasers64

Re: Need 3 people to test Quattro Mask liner PAD A CHEEK Product

Post by sunchasers64 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Night #2 with liner:

Hardly any leaks at all. Slept great! Liner was very comfortable until almost time to get up, and for some insane reason, I woke up feeling claustrophobic with it. Maybe I was getting a little warm? I did have the covers shoved off me. Anyway, I lay there for a while, telling myself all was well, and fell back asleep. Had a great night with it! I like it. It just feels so good! Like very high thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets or something.....

dalemeyer

Post by dalemeyer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:59 pm

To Karen and the members of the forum,

I recieved the Quattro mask liner on Tuesday, It might have been in Mondays mail but I am a day behind on picking up my mail I work night shift. I read the instructions, laid out the mask liner and read the instructions again with the liner and mask in hand. The only difference I noted is that I needed to remove the flapper valve to get the liner over the elbow, then replace the flapper valve in the elbow when finished. The headgear strap clips fit niceley through the liner as recieved. I had decided to not do any trimming to the nose opening on the first night (why trim if not needed). The first sleep of use was indeed comfortable, leaks were a bit higher but not much. Large leaks were slightly higher but I did notice that I was not awakened by the mask farting. (typical of a large leak). After checking AHI when I woke I was supprised to find that it was lower than it has been for the last 3 months.

Sleep 2 a short 4 hour nap (changing from night shift to weekend mode). I decided to make some changes to the nose opening in the liner. I took your note to heart and decided less is more in my modifications. Your warning (It is very easy to get the hole too large) should be like this. I was very carefull and only trimmed only 1/8 " from each side, any more and it could have ended up scrap. The bottom of the nose opening is more forgiving, I trimmed app. 1/4" and there is room for more adjustment. So the second sleep was more comfortable than the first. I have taped some (app. 25% ) of the intentional leak vent holes of the mask to compinsate for the additional leak of the liner and again the AHI for this short nap is lower than the 30 day average.

Sleep 3 This sleep is usually the best of the week (as I convert from hecktic night shift to day shift) I SLEPT FOR 8+ HOURS AND DONT REMEMBER A THING. What else can I say I believe I slept better with the mask liner than without. More to come after a few days.

mdintx

Post by mdintx » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:55 am

PADACHEEK wrote:If you have a different mask than the Quattro and need a mask liner. Please email me with your mask name, I will be designing mask liners for many different masks if the one for the Quattro is a success.
Thank you

Karen
admin AT padacheek.com is the email you can use.
Hey Karen,

I just order the nose bridge protector and hope to try that out when it arrives. Any chance you're considering making liners for nasal masks?

terrydk

Post by terrydk » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

Joe50 wrote:I have used the liner for the last three nights. Like everyone else I had to make a few modifications to get it to fit me but after that it has worked pretty good. That simply means that my numbers stayed in the same range as before but my face was not as beat up the next morning. The bridge of my nose was not as sore and has been better each morning.
The main thing I like about this particular liner is that you can modify it and it stays in place while you are putting the mask on. The other liner out there was nightmare to keep in place while putting it on and there was very little room to make modifications.
I tried the other popular brand of liner as well and I had more leaks with it than without and yes it was difficult to keep in position while putting the mask on. I would be willing to give another liner a shot and see how it works. I have been using a Forma mask for the past few months but am now getting more leaks, it could be that I have lost some weight in the last month and/or that the seal is getting bad. I may have to get my Quattro mask out and give it another try. I haven't looked yet but does one need a prescription to get replacement mask seals?

Keep up the good work Karen

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:21 pm

Hello, I want to thank all of you who tested the Mirage Quattro PAD A CHEEK Mask liner. I am encouraged by the reports. I was concerned it may increase leaks, but that does not seem to be the case. I see that the clips holes need to be made larger, and I will do that in the future. I need to make certain people know to be VERY CAREFUL when cutting the nose/mouth hole larger. It is deceptive how easy it is to cut it too large. I am pleased that the mask liner is helping also with the nose bridge issue. I am going to be designing mask liners for nasal masks and for the Hybrid/Liberty masks.

I am so pleased to have this great group to tell me what they think of my crazy designs, and to give great suggestions to improve the item. You are such a valuable part of my efforts to make the very best products to help sleep apnea patients sleep more comfortably. Thank you.

Karen

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:35 pm

Karen and Carbonman,
I remember Carbonman uses an Ultra Mirage Full Face, not a Quattro - I don't know the Quattro. But for the UMFF the edges of the liner seem to be very close to the antisphyxia valve, which is just above the part where the elbow enters the mask.

Theoretically, when pressure is off and a person draws air in through the valve, the liner edges may be pulled in the direction of the valve.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 am

ozij wrote:Karen and Carbonman,
Theoretically, when pressure is off and a person draws air in through the valve, the liner edges may be pulled in the direction of the valve.
O, I looked at that very carefully when I did the install.

There is no way any material could interfere w/the valve.
There isn't enough material there to reach the valve.

I am enjoying this liner w/each night. It has sort of formed to the mask and
I can just put my mask on and go. It doesn't kink or slid around in the night.
Very comfy.

Here are leak lines for the past few nights. The spikes are when I get up.
No brag, just fact......r.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 am

I'm very glad to hear that and see the picture, carbonman. That's info we all need.
Thank you
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:27 am

Are carbonman's pictures of the liner the same liner that the others are reviewing here? I don't see a mouth hole on his. Also, did any of the reviews have significant nose bridge redness/soreness from the Quattro prior to using this liner?
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:43 am

SleepingUgly wrote:I don't see a mouth hole on his.
....oh, are these supposed to have a mouth hole????

.....oh, yea.....it has one.....
I said that.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:47 am

That is a "nose/mouth hole" to be precise.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Joe50

Post by Joe50 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:59 am

After a little over 2 weeks of use my rosacea, which I think was caused by the mask, has almost disappeared. My leak numbers are still OK and the bridge of my nose has never looked better.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Sat May 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Latest report: late due to too much cycling.
Working on converting my eating habits to DreamStalker's caveman diet.
Loosing weight and feeling better.....who'd a thunk????

....anyway, after a month of use, I gave my demo mask liner
a good cleaning. Warm water, light dish soap, soak, mild scrubbing.
Once dried, you could not tell it had been used....ever.
Leak increased slightly for the first few days.
They definitely work better after a few days of use.

Putting my Papcap and mask on now without even thinking about the liner.
Got it all coordinated......even in the dark.
It just stays in place and works. I love this thing.

I just placed an order for another liner....made to order w/my favorite colors.

Thanks! PC
I said that.