S9 flow skew bug... Anyone else seeing this?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nord

Re: S9 flow skew bug... Anyone else seeing this?

Post by Nord » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 am

alterego61 wrote:I managed to make contact with someone at ResMed who it seems understands the issue.

I was told that the issue is with ResScan, not with the SD card or the S9 and that there is no fix ready yet, but the resolution will likely be a software patch for ResScan.

For myself, I think I will just reformat my SD card every day as a workaround until the problem is solved.
That doesn't seem to make sense.... the "timestamps" before it ever gets to ResScan shows the skew in the numbers... correct ???

How do some people NOT have the skew ??? While that would be a great answer...

Was that the Los Angeles office ???

Nord

alterego61

Post by alterego61 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 am

Nord wrote: That doesn't seem to make sense.... the "timestamps" before it ever gets to ResScan shows the skew in the numbers... correct ???
Nord
The timestamps in the data files are different in the skew files I have looked at and this is why the graphs of them don't line up in the current version of ResScan. If it were patched ResCan could still line up the data in the charts though by adjusting for the different timestamps. I'm not sure whether this would be really solving the issue, or just working around it - as far as I know none of us here know the program logic or why the timestamps are different in the first place. Or, it could be that the person I spoke to doesn't really understand the issue or potential resolution.

What is sure is that ResMed know that some users are experiencing problems. As you know, in North America ResScan is not available for sale to patients due to the regulatory environment so ResMed was understandably quite reticent to give me any detailed information. When I first called my DME they told me to call ResMed, and vice versa - I had to persist to get any kind of response at all.
Nord wrote: How do some people NOT have the skew ??? While that would be a great answer...
Nord
Maybe they have different versions of ResScan, or some other difference in the software environment on their PCs (Operating System, Libraries...). Maybe there are differences in the way they use their machines or maybe some machines just don't have the timestamp issue. As BillB has so tirelessly pointed out we have a very small sample size we're drawing conclusions from
Nord wrote: Was that the Los Angeles office ???
Nord
Don't know - tech support, American accent so if that is where their US tech support is located, probably.

StevenXXXX

Post by StevenXXXX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:22 pm

So, is the "skew" still amongst us?