Pantyliner thins help with Swift!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CareS

Pantyliner thins help with Swift!

Post by CareS » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:31 pm

I recently purchased a Swift and am gradually increasing the time I spend on it, alternating it half-way through the night with the Aptiva. My problem with the Swift is the hard plastic strap buckles with the indentations that go behind and over the head to adjust the straps. They are just plain hard and uncomfortable. Solution: Take half of a thin pantiliner remove adhesive strip and fold it twice. Cut the folded piece in half and fill in the indentations on the buckles with this. Use a thin strip of the remaining adhesive part to hold it in place on the buckle. Use the other half of the wad to fill in the other buckle or use tape to secure it. Let me know if this works for you. I am going to make a felt sleeve for the swoosh marks. Also not sure how the netting works to make mask quieter. CareS

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:55 pm

Well, let's see...panty liners on my face or Nike swoosh...I will take the Swoosh

Grabraham

Post by Grabraham » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:23 pm

rock and roll wrote:Well, let's see...panty liners on my face or Nike swoosh...I will take the Swoosh

Well Have I got a deal for you!! Suffer the Swoosh no more! Only 75.99 and I will eat the shipping 'cause I like you

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:33 pm

Grabraham wrote:
rock and roll wrote:Well, let's see...panty liners on my face or Nike swoosh...I will take the Swoosh

Well Have I got a deal for you!! Suffer the Swoosh no more! Only 75.99 and I will eat the shipping 'cause I like you

Grab, spoken like a true DME... I proud of you.
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:52 pm

I guess when we oopen our own rip off shop, we will have to put you in charge of advertising

Grabraham

Post by Grabraham » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:00 pm

rock and roll wrote:I guess when we oopen our own rip off shop, we will have to put you in charge of advertising

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:14 pm

Sorry to break up the flow here, guys, (ladies, it went right over their heads, I'm sure) but, CareS, try the toe bandages on the straps for the swoosh marks. They work really well and are easier than making your own invention. Just $3.99 for three of them at CVS.

Check out the link: viewtopic.php?t=4086&highlight=swoosh
L o R i

Grabraham

Post by Grabraham » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:15 am

Sleepless on LI wrote:Sorry to break up the flow here, guys, (ladies, it went right over their heads, I'm sure) but, CareS, try the toe bandages on the straps for the swoosh marks. They work really well and are easier than making your own invention. Just $3.99 for three of them at CVS.

Guys she is trying to drive away our customers.... This will not do!!

CareS

Pantyliner thins

Post by CareS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:38 am

Congratulations guys, you have not disappointed me. I only posted this to see what kind of reaction I would get and you have exceeded my expectations. CareS

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:11 am

Grabraham wrote:
Sleepless on LI wrote:Sorry to break up the flow here, guys, (ladies, it went right over their heads, I'm sure) but, CareS, try the toe bandages on the straps for the swoosh marks. They work really well and are easier than making your own invention. Just $3.99 for three of them at CVS.

Guys she is trying to drive away our customers.... This will not do!!

LOL!!!!!
L o R i

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:28 am

CareS, that is good lab-ratting on the buckle.

As for the netting that some put in the cylinder to try to dampen the noise, I tried several different kinds of netting with two different Swifts. Never could tell any difference in sound. They continued to be too noisy for me.

Ms Piggy

swift swoosh marks & net

Post by Ms Piggy » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:37 am

CareS - let us know how the Felt swoosh mark protectors work.
Not sure how to do the net trick re your swift air problem. maybe someone else will answer this for you. All this panti talk throws em in a spin!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:00 am

The net never made a difference in noise to me, either. But for some weird reason, I never was bothered too much by the noise. Just tried it, as a good lab rat does...I am one of the strange ones who finds the inhalation noise sort of soothing, except when I was sick and couldn't sleep. Then any noise was disturbing.
L o R i

frostman

Post by frostman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:33 pm

Well rock and roll I will take the panty liners
Play Golf - Enjoy Life
Drink a Lttle Wine
Don't Worry about Tomorrow

Jere

Post by Jere » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:00 pm

Have to ask my insurance company about the ordinary and customary charge for this ... um .... item.
"First rule of holes: when you are in one, stop digging"