Need help adjusting Remstar CFlex Philips Respironics

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Beckaboos

Re: Need help adjusting Remstar CFlex Philips Respironics

Post by Beckaboos » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:36 am

Hi ArtistinArizona,
I know it has been a long time since your post, but I was wondering if you ever got an answer to your question? I too switched to a Nasal pillow from the nasal mask and with my pressure set at 9 I feel like I can exhale. Like you, I can't seem to get an answer to my question which is why I checked this blog to see if anyone else had the same problem. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Becky

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Beckaboos wrote:Hi ArtistinArizona,
I know it has been a long time since your post, but I was wondering if you ever got an answer to your question? I too switched to a Nasal pillow from the nasal mask and with my pressure set at 9 I feel like I can exhale. Like you, I can't seem to get an answer to my question which is why I checked this blog to see if anyone else had the same problem. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

ArtistinArizona hasn't been back to the forum since the original post here.

One doesn't want to go reducing their pressure just because they can't exhale against it. Too low of a pressure could maybe allow sleep apnea events to occur.
Instead it would be best to maybe use any exhale relief that the machine may offer .. what machine do you use? Does it have any exhale relief? If so what have you tried?

I suspect you would have an easier time just by going up a size in the nasal pillows...that helps a lot of people.
Either that or maybe you have it too tight and the air doesn't have room to move easily.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

BlueBear076

Post by BlueBear076 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Cpapernewbie
Thank you so much for the information. I was going crazy trying to adjust this machine.