CPAP and naps

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Coach

Post by Coach » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:53 pm

Lori,

Nawwww, http://www.spinalinjury.freeuk.com/homepage.htm is not my site. The guy who runs it is named Andy and calls himself Moose. I happened on it a little more than two years ago, posted there some for a few months, and didn't really return to it until this summer. It's not real active but every month or so someone posts who's had someone close suffer one of these horrendous Spinal Cord Injuries, and I like being able sometimes maybe to help a little. I broke my neck in 1963 and have had a fine active life, and while that obviously isn't what the fresh-from-the-ER posters need to hear, it gives me a useful perspective from which to comment.

Too, I'm a writer who has always lacked an audience. There, I have one, even though it's very small (this site has a hundred times the traffic). I'm posting my earlier novel there now, a new chapter each Monday, and will probably post my later one the same way beginning next spring. A few, maybe (and maybe not) a handful (which is to say 5), of people are reading it, and I work during the week to get the next Monday's chapter ready, which I like. I had an agent nibbling at my later book (a novel about quadriplegic masturbation--how can it miss?) from late October 2004 till this July, and when she definitively said no I was more disappointed than I'd expected. Posting the earlier one, THE HEALING, on Andy's site is part of my dealing with that disappointment. I rewrite my stuff over and over, leave it alone a year or two or three and go back to it and it still needs rewriting, but I like to feel it getting better and better. THE HEALING's a little pokey, has too many characters, and so on, but I like it, and I like the second one more. Anyway, working on it is why I won't be here as often as I otherwise might be. As I'm sure you've noticed, a board can be time-consuming!

I slept pretty well last night, waked five or six times but got back to sleep quickly. I think I'm still mouth breathing, will be interested to see how my oxymetry looks when I do it in three weeks or so. I was supposed to see my rep Wednesday but he had a death in the family so I don't know when he'll get to me. My over-all mood, I admit, is bad (restless, short attention span, physically off), but the actual CPAPing hours are about okay. Trala. Keep up the good work here, and I'll check back now and then.

Steve (Coach)

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Steve (a name to the screen name appears),

So you're a writer. I love to write (no, not only posts). I started my own book a awhile ago and never had the time to do more. I gave it to a few people to read and they begged me to write more because they were dying for more chapters of which there weren't any. It really made me feel good that it was received in the manner it was. I fashioned it after my life with my husband and kids, although the names were changed to protect the innocent, as were the story lines somewhat so as to not make it an autobiography, but more of a fun, relatible tale. One of these lifetimes, I will get back to it. But writing has always been one of my passions. I am sure you can relate to what I'm saying. It's also a tremendous way to vent and air out without remorse.

So you are finally getting a bit used to the cpap you think? I know what your doctor is going to tell you about your oximetry. I asked mine the last time I saw her a few weeks ago if I should get an overnight one to see how my oxygen desats are since my AHI's are so damn good on the machine and she said that as long as I'm on it, there is no need to bother as they are going to be perfect. When I had the titration part of my study done, my oxygen levels stayed above 90% a hundred percent of the time, where they were categorized as moderate in the first part of the study even with mild apnea. So I don't think it should be any different in your case. But, hey, what do I know? I've learned a lot, but the more I learn, the more I realize there is so much more I have to learn, or should anyway.

I'm glad you decided to keep posting here, too. It's always fun when I see you've posted a new reply. I look forward to sharing a few more before you get sick of us here and decide not to come back. I hope that doesn't happen. Please get some good sleep tonight and start to feel better again, or at least back to how you used to feel before this whole ordeal made you feel miserable.

L o R i

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:51 pm

Sleepless on LI wrote:I love to write
We noticed .
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:30 am

WAFlowers wrote:
Sleepless on LI wrote:I love to write
We noticed .
Bill, you know I love you, but we've got to meet, just one time, so I CAN SMACK YOU!!!! Image It would feel so rewarding...
L o R i

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:03 am

<running and hiding>
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:05 am

WAFlowers wrote:<running and hiding>
Bill,

You should know by now, you can run but you cannot hide...
L o R i