ResScan - is it possible to show which mask used per day?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dave21

ResScan - is it possible to show which mask used per day?

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Hi,

I can't see if anywhere in ResScan where it shows the mask that the S9 was configured to use, e.g. Nasal or Full Face. Do you know if this is recorded each night and whether there's any way of getting at this data from within ResScan? I couldn't see it anywhere.

You can manually set the mask under your profile page but I was hoping that when you switch masks e.g. from Swift to Activa that it would show you these stats?

billbolton

Re: ResScan - is it possible to show which mask used per day?

Post by billbolton » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 am

dave21 wrote:Do you know if this is recorded each night and whether there's any way of getting at this data from within ResScan?
No, its not a captured data element.

You can manually enter a note in the "User added text" in ResScan for whatever additional information you want to associate with a date.

Cheers,

Bill

dave21

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:09 am

Thanks Bill, that's what I thought as I couldn't find it anywhere. I'll just have to enter notes then.

Thanks
Dave

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:26 am

dave21 wrote:... I can't see if anywhere in ResScan where it shows the mask that the S9 was configured to use, e.g. Nasal or Full Face. Do you know if this is recorded each night and whether there's any way of getting at this data from within ResScan? I couldn't see it anywhere. ... You can manually set the mask under your profile page but I was hoping that when you switch masks e.g. from Swift to Activa that it would show you these stats? ...
Well, I don't know about the S9, but ResScan with my VPAP Adapt SV records this information when I make configuration changes to you unit.

To get to this information click on the "Notes" icon in the menu bar. Or click on the "View" menu entry and select "Notes".

It's not recorded on the actual graphs. Like you I set the mask under the profile page. But if you switch, you can see WHEN you switch via the automatically generated notes. Of course this assumes that you change the mask setting either via ResScan or in the Clinician's menu ... So you can note it correctly on the Profile Page, which will print in the reports you might generate for discussion with your doctor or DME.

Hope that helps.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Llama

Post by Llama » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 am

When you switch masks in the machine profile I would imagine that it alters the leak info since it has to account for the particular mask, right? If a user switches masks often, like my wife who flips back and forth seemingly (to me) at random, it would be awesome to be able to go back and correct the mask/leak profile.

OTOH, I switch masks pretty much never, but it would still be nice to see an indicator of the mask type I have selected or the compensating leak info over the Leak heading.

--Larry
Remember when "Just breathe" was supposed to be easy and calming?

dave21

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:38 am

Hi John,

It doesn't look like it does it on the S9 using ResScan 3.10.

Download started - 09 March 2010 10:12:39

Device: S9 AutoSet
Software Number: SX474-0601;S9_AUTOSET
Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Received Summary Data data for 01/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 02/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 03/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 04/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 05/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 06/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 07/03/2010
Received Summary Data data for 08/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 08/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 07/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 06/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 05/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 04/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 03/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 02/03/2010
Received Detailed Data data for 01/03/2010

Download completed - 09 March 2010 10:15:12

Llama, I agree, it would be good to do this. Usually I stick with the Activa mask but I'm trying to use the Swift and some nights I can tolerate it and some I can't. It's a shame that it doesn't look like the S9 supports this

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 am

JohnB, the problem w/your method is if one uses non-Resmed masks. For instance, I use two different Resmed masks, both of which "fit" the Swift allowed vent rate and therefore the Swift Mask Selection. Therefore I use the Notes section when I switch from one mask to the other.

I'm thinking tho, and am going to try, in the Profile section, in the Additional Details section, you could enter the current mask you are using that day;

or, in the Profile section, in the Clinical History section, under Measurements, you can rename Custom Fields and you could change that ESS (Epworth Sleepiness Scale) to Mask and enter the mask name there.

I'm using ResScan 3.7

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:21 am

Ooops. Nope. You can't rename that useless (in my opinion) EES. You can only rename the last two fields which I already use for %Sa02 and Heart Rate. Altho I don't know why you couldn't just type the name of the mask in there. I haven't tried that. Maybe that field only accepts numbers. I don't know. What the hay it is worth a try maybe.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.