AHI's not always showing on ResScan graphs

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dave21

AHI's not always showing on ResScan graphs

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:36 am

Hi, this is a question out there to all you stats junkies.

I've noticed looking over my stats that the AHI doesn't start to graph until half way into the night from the ResMed S9 and sometimes stops early. Is this because the AHI is 0.0 outside of this time before my first apneoa and the S9 / ResScan only charts something when it's greater than 0.0?

JohnBFisher

Re: AHI's not always showing on ResScan graphs

Post by JohnBFisher » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:58 am

dave21 wrote:... AHI doesn't start to graph until half way into the night from the ResMed S9 and sometimes stops early. Is this because the AHI is 0.0 outside of this time before my first apneoa and the S9 / ResScan only charts something when it's greater than 0.0? ...
Bingo! But it's ResScan that's at issue here. Same thing happens with ResScan with my VPAP Adapt SV unit. Unless there is an hypopnea or apnea, it shows nothing on that chart.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

dave21

Re: AHI's not always showing on ResScan graphs

Post by dave21 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 am

Thanks John, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this

I see towards the end of the top graph that it diminishes and stops, so that was my initial assumption knowing how some developers work they take default and not report anything until it goes off the default or goes back to the default, in which case is 0.0