Swift FX

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bertdoozer

Swift FX

Post by bertdoozer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:01 am

Just taken delivery of a swift FX, trying it tonight.

Any hints or tips???????

Stu

Marietjie

Re: Swift FX

Post by Marietjie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 am

This is what Skier says about his SwiftFX
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49526&p=453977&hili ... FX#p453977

Skier757

Re: Swift FX

Post by Skier757 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 am

Hi,

So far I am loving my Swift FX. I have three nights with it so far, and my reports show no leaks, and I am getting as comfortable with it as I think you can with any mask. In three nights I have never felt a need to take it off, and that was my biggest fear in starting CPAP, that I would not be able to tolerate something on my my face as I slept. Last night I think I actually forgot it was on for the first time.

The biggest observations I had that made an improvement for me were to go up to the Med pillows and to loosen the headgear. With the Med pillows I can breath much easier, and there is very little breathing noise in the mask compared to the night I used the small pillows. With the headgear just tight enough to hold the pillows in position, they self inflate to seal to your nostrils and stay sealed even when you roll over.

Now, last night I was a bit more active in my sleep (side sleeper), and several times I did feel a slight leak, when that happens all you need to do is to wiggle the mask/pillow a bit and it will re-seal itself. Others have recommended pulling the mask out a small amount, then letting it go to let it reseal itself, and that also works for me, but I find that if I just wiggle it a bit it also works and is easier to do without fully waking up.

Good luck with your SwiftFX !!

Brooks, aka Skier757