help with install encore pro 2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gil

help with install encore pro 2

Post by Gil » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 am

Can anyone help me with my install encore pro 2

Computer #1 on Vista 32 bit system and it does nothing but after it makes a quick run it says you have to reboot system. If i install in safe mode it does bring up a install window but says sql server failed. I have uninstantiated sql and installed several time. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Computer #2 Vista 32 bit it installs find but when I open the encore program it just shows the program page and none of the links do any thing. To the top right there is a image covering a link that says utilities but still each link of the 4 at the top look hot and scroll over bring up a finger instead of a pointer but nothing works. I have installer 4.5 and net framework 3.5 installed. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Thank
Gil

fidelfs

Re: help with install encore pro 2

Post by fidelfs » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:57 am

I am not a windows user so what I am going to say, you need to verify.

Many have posted here problem with Vista being 64 bits, you said yours is running 32 bits. Also people have said that they are using a virtual machine to run it in 32 bits. Have you tried that? It looks it works. Me, myself am running Vmware for mac and running windows xp and it works.

Also if you search you will find those posts that I am referring and with more details.

tnlobo420

Post by tnlobo420 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:36 pm

From my experience (have it installed : u must use windows XP 32 bit. Or have a system capable of running a program within an XP environment .

hayeswildrick

Post by hayeswildrick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Gil wrote:Can anyone help me with my install encore pro 2

Computer #1 on Vista 32 bit system and it does nothing but after it makes a quick run it says you have to reboot system. If i install in safe mode it does bring up a install window but says sql server failed. I have uninstantiated sql and installed several time. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Gil
I'm having the exact same problem. It's like an endless loop.
I've tried to install Windows Installer 4.5 (every version on the Windows website), but I get a message saying it's the wrong file for my system. I'm running Vista on a 32 bit system, Service Pack 2. From what I can tell, Windows Installer 4.5 may have been part of Service Pack 2.

Ideas?
-Jeff

barry15

Post by barry15 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm

I had no problem installing EP 2.2 on my 32 bit machine in the Vista partition (dual boot machine, choose XP or Vista at boot). I had a lot of problems installing it into the XP partition, on the other hand. I finally uninstalled Zone Alarm Internet Security (anti-virus and firewall program), and then it installed just fine in XP. Now I am using Microsoft Security Essentials (free) for anti-virus and Zone Alarm's free firewall program, and they all play together just fine.

So, while I had no problem in Vista, my suggestion would be to uninstall your anti-virus program and try it. Just turning Zone Alarm Internet Security off wasn't enough; I had to completely uninstall it from the Windows XP partition. It would be prudent to also disconnect from the internet while trying this, rather than be online without anti-virus protection. If it works without your anti-virus program, then you would have to choose between using that particular program and using EP 2.

Good luck.

Barry

Gil

Post by Gil » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 am

I have had lot of people pm me asking if i have had any luck installing the encore pro 2 and the answer is no.
It appears a lot of people have the same problems. Yes I have done all the good thing that have been suggested and more. I am at a total stand still. So my goal is to keep in contact with cpaptalk.com hoping some one will come up with something new.
Thanks for all the suggestions
Gil

jabbered

Post by jabbered » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:29 am

I was having a major issue with XP - I have no experience with Vista.

I had to create a new user profile with admin privileges. Installed under that user without any issues.

I'm not sure if Vista has the same type of user profile setup or not, but if it does, you might try that.

Fred D

Post by Fred D » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:06 pm

I have installed the Encore Pro 2 software successfully on Windows Vista today. Maybe beginners luck. What I did was right click the .exe file
for the software in its folder and select "run as administrator"; I then right clicked the same file and clicked "properties"-"compatability" and selected to install it as Windows XP Service Pack II.

When I double-clicked the install file; it said it needed to restart to install so I said "yes restart now". When it returned to the desktop it brought up the dialog box to begin install. I went ahead and shut down my Avast virus protection just to be on the safe side. I went through the initial agreements and it started its install. Right off the bat it came up and said it was installing some type of SQL and may take a few minutes.

Minutes dragged on but the install was not hung up so I let it continue on. Luckily I needed to leave the house or otherwise I might have gotten impatient and cut it off thinking it was just spinning its wheels and not getting anywhere. When I returned it had successfully finished the installation.

Now I need to order the card reader and hopefully be set to read the data and see what is going on at night.

Fred

ecocyber

Post by ecocyber » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Fred, I have successfully installed the program on both XP and Vista (32bit) computers. I suspect you are experiencing a problem I had a few times. It has to do with Windows Services. Like many other programs, EP2.2 relies on services that are built into Windows to do mundane tasks. In this case, it sounds like you are having problems with the services associated with the management of your SQL database.

Here is a post I put up a while back that may be of help. Good Luck.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49059&p=448881#p448881
"Striving to take everything in moderation.......including moderation itself",
I said that!

To clarify, I use a modified Infinity 481 nasal prong mask and love it; and I use Encore Pro 2.2 to analyze my sleep statistics.