Respironics System One Humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dwsupt

Re: Respironics System One Humidifier

Post by dwsupt » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 am

I'll throw my 2 cents in here. My system seems like it won't use much water and then the 2 or 3rd night drain the tank. Plus the lights all blink and beep when it starts up and some times I have to unplug and start it alll over because it sticks in a nonstop beeping mode? bad? Can't be sure.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:14 am

Hi akcpapguy,

Yes, my humidifier setting has always been on. What I was trying to say is that, at a setting of 4, I was getting rainout(humidifier water delivered into my nose) in the middle of the night. My feeling is that the rainout sensors alone are not sufficient to prevent this, and Resmed in addition to using a sensor also uses an embedded coil in the hose to prevent rainout, which I think Respironics should also do. One way around this is to use the Aussie heated hose with the Respironics humidifier.

Hope1952

Post by Hope1952 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:49 pm

linda12345 wrote:i am new to the CPAP world and have the Respironics system one humidifier. I am confused as to the the amount of humidity that I should be aware of. Basically, very little or no water is used from the water compartment and I do not feel any moisture in the tubing or the nose piece. I have used the setting of 3 or 4. Tonight I will try 5. I am assuming that the higher the number the more humidity. Is that right?
linda
Last month I called my DME about the fact that my humidifier seemed to be using no water and I was concerned it was defective. She told me to run it for a while and then feel the plate to see if it was warm. I did and it was. She also suggested I not fill the tank more than 50%, so I followed her instruction and the smaller volume of water warms better. I also turned it up one night by accident to 5 (instead of 3) and it's now using up the water. I suspect that the PR System One needs a higher setting for the humidifier to work. I'm not sure if the higher setting is optimal for my therapy, but at least I know the machine is working.

jvs

Post by jvs » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 am

I have had many problems with the Respironics system one. I have had 2 compressors and 2 humidifiers both fail after 1 year. My humidifier has rain out some nights. Other nights it uses no water and produces no humidity even when set on 5. The metal on the bottom does warm up. I can go to sleep with comfort but wake in the middle of the night when it becomes too dry. I did check that the control setting for system one humidity is on. I am a mouth breather and wear a full face mask.
I am very frustrated since I have changed this machine out so many times with Apria. Unfortunately with Medicare coverage Apria tells me I can not get another machine for 5 years. I would welcome any suggestions or comments.
Thanks.

DiverCTHunter

Post by DiverCTHunter » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:35 pm

2-1/2 year old thread. I suspect the OP has moved on.

Prescribed APAP range - 6-10 cm/H2O, titrated at 8.
Current range - 9.0-11.5 cm/H2O - still searching for the magic "zero night" but averaging 2.2 AHI

RachelM

Post by RachelM » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:22 pm

I had trouble with humidifiers both on my previous M model and current System One APAP. Both times, DME has just swapped under warranty. I've had other issues with APAP itself. Always, Respironics warranty has been great. Once they even covered something out of warranty, just because part shouldn't have gone bad.