Encore Pro 2 software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rested gal

Re: Encore Pro 2 software

Post by rested gal » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:15 pm

Just now sent you an email, Tom. You might want to edit your email addy out of your post now that I've seen it.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:38 am

barry15 wrote:
cflame1 wrote: You can only use a specific card reader... a DT3500 in particular with Respironics smart cards.
Sorry, that may have been true at an earlier time, but I can read my Smart Card for my System One Respironics Auto with a cheap card read made by some company called SD/MS. I am sure that almost any card reader would work. I am talking about Encore Pro 2.2 software. If you are trying to read it with other software, then I have no experience with it.

Barry
Hi Barry,
Doesn't the System One use an SD card instead of a Smart Card?
This is the smart card I use with my M-Series Pro:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... -card.html
This is the proprietary Mako Infineer Smart Card Reader I have to use to read the card:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Respir ... r-USB.html

I think Respironics originally went with smart cards originally because they thought they would need two-factor security for HIPAA compliance - or maybe they thought they could suck more money out of patients by charging them $120 for a $10 piece of proprietary equipment. I'm glad they've migrated to SD.

barry15

Post by barry15 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 am

DreamDiver wrote:
barry15 wrote:
cflame1 wrote: You can only use a specific card reader... a DT3500 in particular with Respironics smart cards.
Sorry, that may have been true at an earlier time, but I can read my Smart Card for my System One Respironics Auto with a cheap card read made by some company called SD/MS. I am sure that almost any card reader would work. I am talking about Encore Pro 2.2 software. If you are trying to read it with other software, then I have no experience with it.

Barry
Hi Barry,
Doesn't the System One use an SD card instead of a Smart Card?
This is the smart card I use with my M-Series Pro:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/respir ... -card.html
This is the proprietary Mako Infineer Smart Card Reader I have to use to read the card:
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/Respir ... r-USB.html

I think Respironics originally went with smart cards originally because they thought they would need two-factor security for HIPAA compliance - or maybe they thought they could suck more money out of patients by charging them $120 for a $10 piece of proprietary equipment. I'm glad they've migrated to SD.

Yes, you are right, I have an SD card. Sorry about that, my bad. Thanks for correcting me, for the record.

Barry

DaveMunson

Post by DaveMunson » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:26 am

I am glad I can not bother with the card anymore. The F&P 254 does it right with a usb flash drive. No abnormal cards or special readers. Plug the flash drive in the computer and read the data.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:48 pm

DaveMunson wrote:I am glad I can not bother with the card anymore. The F&P 254 does it right with a usb flash drive. No abnormal cards or special readers. Plug the flash drive in the computer and read the data.
I have to admit, I'm kind of tired of the Respironics smart card thing too. I think mine just died. I'm about ready to jump the Respironics ship.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks to all uploading the stream. Looks like a 171 MB zip file and its downloading in about 10 minutes. We'll see if its the real deal shortly.

Paulrp

Post by Paulrp » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Would some kind soul pm me the sink to download ver 2.2

Thanks, Paul

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:18 pm

Wow, I must be really tired. Sorry about that.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 am

Update: Everything was clean and installed easily. The zip file is 174 MB and contains:
EncoreSmartcardSetup.exe
EP2Setup.exe
L1066560b00.pdf = Installation and Administration Guide
L106559b00.pdf = Quick installation guide
L1066548b00.pdf = User Guide
Readme.txt
WindowsInstaller 4.5.exe

Start with windows installer, then the EP2Setup. You may not need the smartcard setup if you have a working card reader.

So far, I don't see any compelling reason to upgrade from 1.8 to 2.2 unless you are using the newest Respironics PR machines that require this version.

The manual talks about mapping ver 1.8 data to 2.2, but I haven't figured it out yet. The existing data on version 1.8 is saved in a MDB or XML database file, and I'm not aware of any way to export that to the EXP file format that version 2.2 uses to import patient data. So unless someone has a work-around, You may be starting your database from scratch.

nghy

Post by nghy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 am

Beware of downloads of Encore Pro from usenet sites like Torrent etc. THEY CONTAIN VIRUSES.

Since 2008 Respironics has been selling xPAP machines with data systems that cannot be read using the Encore Viewer 1.0 software described on their website and sold through many distributors. I have contacted The Encore Support Group at Respironics and they confirm that Encore Viewer 1.0 will not read the new data format found on the newer machines. Encore Viewer 1.0 software will load on your computer and run. It will go through the motions of reading the card, but then it will report that no data was found. The Encore support people also said that there are no plans to re-write or upgrade this software. This is a very callous big business policy.

The Encore Pro package contains the following warning: " U.S. Federal law restricts this device to sale by, or on the order of, a licenced physician." I Believe the under lying reason for this federal intervention originates in the ability of the Encore Pro software to change the pressure prescription on your xPAP machine via information that can be written to the smartcard by the software. A fair reading of the cautionary statement implies that one should be able to obtain a copy of the Encore Pro (ver 2.2 is current) with a written prescription from the doctor for that software. I would suggest to anyone that you speak with your doctor frankly, and ask them either to obtain a copy of the software for you, or to write a prescription for this software that you can use. Be aware that some DMEs still may not honor the prescription for fear of jeapordizing their contracts with Respironics. Also beware that your doctor must trust you not to play with your settings.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 am

nghy wrote:Beware of downloads of Encore Pro from usenet sites like Torrent etc. THEY CONTAIN VIRUSES.
You know this because you never visit torrent sites?
Usenet and Torrent are not synonyms. They are very different. The files do not reside on any "site", but are mostly served by a number of individuals in the swarm (currently 10 seeds). At this point, the torrent in question appears is clean, and I'd venture a guess that all members of the swarm are reading this. There is only one version unless you follow the bait to Usenet.

FinceMgr

Post by FinceMgr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Encore Pro 2.2 is not currently available for sale.

Encore Pro 2.2 is available free from Respironics, however they won't tell you where to look unless you are a provider. Unfortunately if the details of this were to be placed out in the open in this forum we run the risk of that hole being plugged.

Encore Pro 2.2 is also available free from other sources too. Be advised that if you don't get the link from a trusted source, or you don't understand how to use torrents, you run the risk of maleware.

mistrb

Post by mistrb » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:13 pm

tomjax2 wrote:I cannot send a PM after trying everything I know. I have vista and my old s/w does not work- I think - I have not even tried to install it wouold like site for the s/w.
any thoughts RG?
write me at tomjax@yahoo.com

I have not been able to send a PM either. My email is mistrb@me.com.

FinceMgr

Post by FinceMgr » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:30 pm

mistrb wrote:
I have not been able to send a PM either. My email is mistrb@me.com.
faq.php
faq.php#f50

jabbered

Post by jabbered » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

I'm new to this and need help both finding the file and how to use a torrent.

Can anyone help?