ENCORE PRO QUESTION!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BASCONERO

ENCORE PRO QUESTION!

Post by BASCONERO » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 am

Hello Folks, greetings from Italy!! I've one question about ENCORE PRO. I need to install this program on a laptop; I don't remember if the program need an internet connection for run or not! Thanks a lot for your replies and have a good day and night!! Greetings

fadedgirl

Re: ENCORE PRO QUESTION!

Post by fadedgirl » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 am

I have not used the program too many times yet, but I did not need to be online to install it (it didn't install just a basic file set and then need to download the rest) or to use it, thus far. Hopefully someone that has been using it longer can chip in here.

Ciao!

Tielman

Post by Tielman » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm

BASCONERO wrote:Hello Folks, greetings from Italy!! I've one question about ENCORE PRO. I need to install this program on a laptop; I don't remember if the program need an internet connection for run or not! Thanks a lot for your replies and have a good day and night!! Greetings
No, you do not need an internet connection to install, or run the software. I've installed/used it on a laptop that wasn't connected to the internet.

BASCONERO

Post by BASCONERO » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks so much Fadedgirl & Tielman for your replies; I know the program for run requires a SQL server; this server is included into the program or must be downloaded from the web? This is the reason of my doubt! Thanks again for replies. Ciao

drj130

Post by drj130 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:05 pm

BASCONERO wrote:Thanks so much Fadedgirl & Tielman for your replies; I know the program for run requires a SQL server; this server is included into the program or must be downloaded from the web? This is the reason of my doubt! Thanks again for replies. Ciao
First question I have for you is, what Operating System are you running? You may have to get a different version of the SQL if you're not running XP.
If I remember right, I did have to download the drivers for the card reader. But knowing me, I could be wrong. It has been a few days from when I put it on my XP machine.
If you're running XP, then it will install with no problem and you will not need an internet connection to run the software or install it.

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

BASCONERO

Post by BASCONERO » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Drj130, I am currently using XP on my desktop and I'm looking for a laptop that has this operating system; on the CD program there are also the drivers for the smart card reader; only problem will be to find a SQL server that is suitable for the program!

drj130

Post by drj130 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 am

If you're running XP, then you have no worries. I've installed Encore Pro on 3 different computers. a 5 year old laptop running XP with Service Pack 3, a netbook with XP and Service Pack 3, and a laptop with Windows 7 on it.

The only one that I needed an internet connection for was the Windows 7 machine.

Good Luck with your treatment.

David

Look twice, save a life. You never know when you might see a motorcyclist.

FinceMgr

Post by FinceMgr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:20 am

You are not likely to find new laptops with Windows XP, a 10 year old OS, nor is it needed. The answer to your SQL question can be found with the link below. Although it references Vista x64, this technique works for all Windows OS's and Encore Pro 1.8.
All your CPAP answers can be found on this forum, the search box is your friend 24/7/365.
Sleep long and prosper.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40234&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 15#p381919
BASCONERO wrote:Hi Drj130, I am currently using XP on my desktop and I'm looking for a laptop that has this operating system; on the CD program there are also the drivers for the smart card reader; only problem will be to find a SQL server that is suitable for the program!

BASCONERO

Post by BASCONERO » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:30 am

Ok, thanks all for your help!! Ciao