First super results!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lebowitz

First super results!

Post by lebowitz » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:22 pm

I'm a new user and have used my Respironics M Series Pro machine probably for a total of 20 nights, but last night was just perfect! I slept all the way through

6 hours and 6 minutes
10 cm H20
C-Flex 2
leakage 10L/m
AHI 1

Didn't even wake up once!

Very excited about how I'm feeling and the comfort from last night. It gives me hope that I'll be able to stick with it (my New Year resolution) and feel better and better. Thanks for all the tips from this board Best tip so far has been how to reset my numbers so I can keep track of them nightly

Craig
Last edited by lebowitz on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

KatieW

Re: First super results!

Post by KatieW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Wow, excellent! Congratulations.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:29 pm

Good job! Congratulations. With any luck, you'll soon find most of your nights are like last night. (And most of your days like today!)

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 pm

lebowitz wrote:I'm a new user and have used my Respironics M Series Pro machine probably for a total of 20 nights, but last night was just perfect! I slept all the way through

6 hours and 6 minutes
10 cm H20
C-Flex 2
leakage 10L/m
AHI 1...

Didn't even wake up once!

Very excited about how I'm feeling and the comfort from last night. It gives me hope that I'll be able to stick with it (my New Year resolution) and feel better and better. Thanks for all the tips from this board Best tip so far has been how to reset my numbers so I can keep track of them nightly

Craig
Hi, Craig, and welcome to the forum.

Your leak rate is confusing me. Respironics machines report total leak (unlike ResMed machines, which factor in the intended leak rate and only report leaks above that threshold).

Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing great so far. Keep it up.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Craig, welcome to the forum. There is no greater feeling than to finally get some true sleep! It's like a rebirth--welcome to your new life!

lebowitz

Post by lebowitz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 am

BleepingBeauty wrote: Your leak rate is confusing me. Respironics machines report total leak (unlike ResMed machines, which factor in the intended leak rate and only report leaks above that threshold).
I'm also wondering about that...

I double-checked and the leak rate was 12.5 L/m for last night and I am sure it was 10.0 L/m the first night. Could something be wrong with my machine? I checked the pressure vs. leakage chart on the Optilife mask I use and it should be around 25 L/m intentional leakage. Can someone clarify?

fischdream

Post by fischdream » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am

Way to go! It is great when you finally start getting that good sleep your body needs and get your life back!!

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:20 pm

lebowitz wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote: Your leak rate is confusing me. Respironics machines report total leak (unlike ResMed machines, which factor in the intended leak rate and only report leaks above that threshold).
I'm also wondering about that...

I double-checked and the leak rate was 12.5 L/m for last night and I am sure it was 10.0 L/m the first night. Could something be wrong with my machine? I checked the pressure vs. leakage chart on the Optilife mask I use and it should be around 25 L/m intentional leakage. Can someone clarify?
The only legitimate reason I know of for the reported leak to be less than the intended leak rate is that the vent on the mask was somehow blocked (by a pillow or blanket, usually), which is something you want to avoid. If you're sure that's not happening, your machine probably should be checked for accuracy.

P.S. I don't own the Optilife mask, but FYI, the mask leak rate chart that I have on Excel (which lists many different masks and was passed along to me by another forum member) indicates an intentional leak rate of 25L/M at 12cm, not 10. (It's 22L/M at 10cm.) If you happen to double-check your mask booklet and find that my numbers are wrong, please let me know. TIA

Best of luck in getting this reported leak issue figured out.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Linus

Post by Linus » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:50 pm

Congrats. Welcome aboard. Successes spawn more success. I think a big part of everything working out is a great attitude. You are doing well. Getting to your point is great.