New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hawthorne

Re: New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:58 pm

goolac, the orignator if this idea, has information in the very first post of this thread, explaining what he did.

He has posted a link to pictures showing what he did.

Go back to the first page of the thread and read his post and the rest of the posts that follow. There are links to the pictures in various posts in the thread and questions asked and answered about sizes, etc.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

Dee41

Post by Dee41 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Thank you Hawthorne. I am new to this post and didn't expect a reply so soon. I was able to go to goolac and see the pictures. I never knew what I didn't like about the Swift LT for her except I couldn't deal with not knowing if they were open in my nose or crushed down. I have been on apap since July 2009 and hate the marks that they leave on your face. What kind of mask do you use and are you satisfied? thanks for your quick reply

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I actually am using the SwiftLT for her right now and have been for about a year. I have been experimenting with goolac's suggested modifications with the Breeze, because the SwiftLT pillows seem to become too soft after a short time using them (compared to other masks and nasal pillows I have used in the past). I also use a nasal mask some nights just for a change for nasal pillows. I do like the SwiftLT though and have had good therapy with it. I have several extra pillows for it so can change off among a few good ones that seem to be standing up better than others.

I have only tried the adaptation with the Breeze for naps on occasion. I tried the Breeze pillows and it seems quite good but have not used it for a whole night yet. I got the Breeze dilators but am having trouble getting used to them. Again, I have only tried when I have a nap so have not used them for a full night yet.

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

goolac

Post by goolac » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am

Well it has been over a half year and still going strong. I have yet needed to replace any parts and make any other modifications.
Just though you would like to know.

EricWL

Post by EricWL » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Did you use any adhesives of any kind, or is this a pressure fit only?

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

EricWL wrote:Did you use any adhesives of any kind, or is this a pressure fit only?
It's been 4 years, I'd suggest trying a PM to get the OP's attention...that might work *smile*.