New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hawthorne

Re: New Mask- Sort of.... Swift LT/Breeze hybrid

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:46 am

What size Breeze pillows did you find to be comparable to the Swift LT small pillows?

This looks like a GREAT modificiation and I am going to try it!!

THANKS for sharing!

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Colors/sizes of Breeze nasal pillows:

When I used a Breeze for over a year, I used the green "Large" pillows despite the fact that I have average-small nares (the openings to the nostrils.)

The green "Large" are nice and smushy, which made them seal well on the outside of my nostrils. The clear "medium" seemed to be made of a slightly stiffer silicone than the colored pillows are.
Last edited by rested gal on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:06 pm

I don't know the Breeze at all. I see that dilators are slightly longer than the pillows. Is that for longer noses or just for more insertion?

What pillow/dilator would be comparable to the Swift LT small pillows?

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:13 pm

Hawthorne wrote:I don't know the Breeze at all. I see that dilators are slightly longer than the pillows. Is that for longer noses or just for more insertion?
More insertion. For nostrils that kind'a collapse inwardly when a person breathes.
Hawthorne wrote:What pillow/dilator would be comparable to the Swift LT small pillows?
I don't know. Given that the Breeze pillows material seems more flexible and softer (except for the stiffer "Clear Med.") than most other nasal pillows are, I'm not sure if there would be a direct comparison of sizes between the Swift and the Breeze pillows. The Breeze pillows seal best (imho) if most of the pillow is sitting outside the nostrils, smushed softly against the outside rims of the nostrils.

That often means a larger size Breeze pillow than what a person (or a DME) would say, "This is your size" gives a better, more comfortable, seal.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks again Rested Gal!

goolac

Post by goolac » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:40 pm

DreamStalker wrote: All you need to do now is replace the shorter Swift mask hose with the longer Breeze hose and you be all set ...
Hey thanks for the tip...I did swap my hose last night and I have to admit I enjoy the extra length. (there is some sort of dirty joke in there but I am not going anywhere near it!)

goolac

Post by goolac » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Hawthorne wrote:I don't know the Breeze at all. I see that dilators are slightly longer than the pillows. Is that for longer noses or just for more insertion?

What pillow/dilator would be comparable to the Swift LT small pillows?
I agree with Gal. The comparison for my experience is this...for pillows go one size higher than the swift lt pillow so if you use a small swift pillow go for the medium breeze. As far as dialators go, I think that they seem to be equal so small swift pillow = small breeze dialator.

jdm5

Post by jdm5 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Goolac / Dave,

I just wanted to thank you - I modified an extra set of small Swift LT pillows I had lying around, and combined them with the large Breeze pillows - and voila! This seems to work great! The Swift LT was my first mask, (having since tried the Breeze, Opus 360, Hybrid, UMFF, and the ComfortGel), and I kept going back to the Swift LT. But I was frustrated with frequent leaks moving around at night, forcing me to re-adjust...the LT/Breeze hybrid is working great so far (last night was night 3). So thanks!!!

Would note to anyone trying this - when cutting off the small Swift LT pillow it is oval shaped, and as Dave indicated you need to gently trim them to a more round shape - take your time / be patient! Small cuts are key.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:23 pm

If you are having issues with keeping Swift LT pillows sealed ... don't forget that you can adjust this way

You may however need to rout hose up over head and attach to headgear in order to maintain the correct angle.

But I do that anyway for my toss-n-turn style of sleeping.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

kolchak

Post by kolchak » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Thanks - what a great idea!
I don't own a breeze but may have to buy some breeze pillows so I can start using the swift again. I refuse to buy another Swift or set of swift pillows until they start producing quality pillows again.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:29 am

I got a set of Breeze pillows and tried this with an old Swift LT mask. It works!

I use the small Swift LT pillows and, as suggested, got medium Breeze pillows. They were the right choice! The Breeze pillows seem to be more durable

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am

And the Breeze pillow replacements are a couple of bucks cheaper Swift LT too.

I may have to try this out too.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

JanB

Post by JanB » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi-- I would like to try the trick that you do in combining the two nasal pillows.. . I am a relative newbie. I am using the swift for women size small nasal pillows-- do you have any idea which size I should get from the breeze to retrofit...or will I need to buy a couple of sizes and try them out.

I also notice that the breeze come in two versions, one a shortish nasal pillow and the other a taller one...again-- is this a trial and error thing or is there a way to help short circuit this process..

Thanks for your assistance.

Hawthorne

Post by Hawthorne » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:59 pm

I use the small Swift LT and the medium Breeze pillows are just right.

The longer ones are called "dilators". The originator of the "mask" uses the dilators and he suggested that, if you get the dilators (they fit farther into the nostril) that you would probably use the same size - small Swift LT pillows - small Breeze dilators.

I used the pillows and went up a size, at the OP suggestion and they fit me well.

Dee41

Post by Dee41 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:40 pm

I would like to know how to interchange the Breeze pillow with the LT for her pillow. I do not like the pillows for the LT. thanks for any info on how to fit them on to the LT headgear