Blurry Vision Club ;)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: blurry vision

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 am

littleredtree wrote:
would love to know what a ROOSTER stocking is??
Rooster devised a method of using ladies tights to hold the nose pieces in place.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

PST

Post by PST » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:54 am

Rooster being the name used by one of our most dedicated posters (his nom de plume you might say).

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:16 am

SuperGeeky wrote:CPAP Pro, alias 'No Mask' has an incredibly low leakage threw large 'pin holes'. You direct the exhaust where you want it to go. Used properly, CPAP Pro will correct this problem and maybe some others...

SG
Wow!
that is an usual mask. I would love to try it. But I can not handle things like that in my mouth...without getting ill fast. YUK, I have the worst gage reflex in the country.

thanks for the idea though. keep them coming.
''Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them,
and you have their shoes."
-- Frieda Norris

SuperGeeky

Re: Blurry Vision Club ;)

Post by SuperGeeky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:18 pm

You know, I just didn't think about GERD with CPAP Pro!! Nah, that wouldn't work for me either....

Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite,

SG

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:48 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
littleredtree wrote:
would love to know what a ROOSTER stocking is??
Rooster devised a method of using ladies tights to hold the nose pieces in place.

Thanks, I do know who you mean. Just wasn't sure What. I guess I will be trying these games soon, too.
Can't wait to get my new masks. I have 2 Nasal and one full face coming this week. Between me and My son. Maybe we can find a keeper. That IS plan

These are the masks I have coming to my house this week. Can’t wait for them to get here.

Fisher & Paykel HC406 Petite Nasal CPAP Mask- full price.

Swift LT for Her - XSmall-Small-Medium $50

ComfortFull 2 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Small $38

Topaz Adjustable Chinstrap $21

My son has a lot of the same problems as I do. He has been not having good luck. So you know how us mom's are. Have to share the knowledge I get from all of you.

Thank for all the help Everyone.
Last edited by littleredtree2 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
''Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them,
-- Frieda Norris

sleepywolverine

Post by sleepywolverine » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I'm joining the club too. I just called my DME about it today. Of course there's no way I can get in this week without taking time off work (not what I want to do). I guess I don't really have a choice though.

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:15 pm

hi
Seems to be lots of us here. ;( glad we can all help each other.

At least we know it MIGHT be the mask.
Not the brain tumors that run in my family. (Or just terrible eyes.) (old age? )

Yes, If it does not clear up in a couple of weeks, I will call my Doctor. Promise.
-- Frieda Norris

karessamom

Post by karessamom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 am

I just want to add that I wake up with blurry vision and trouble focusing in the morning when I first wake up. Usually after a few minutes though it goes away and doesn't give me any trouble during the day. I will notice it sometimes though when my eyes get really tired at night but then it's time to go to bed. I'm thinking just because of the pressure close to my eyes from the mask (or I should say the headgear)--probably puts a little pressure on sinuses and that puts a little mucus or extra fluid in my eyes. just my opinion for what it's worth.

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 am

Good Morning.

had a bad night last night. I could NOT keep my mask on.
I made it 3 hrs.

Today, my vision is much more clear.
That says something to me.
-- Frieda Norris

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:49 am

So I made it through the night with the hybrid - small mouth piece, medium nose pieces. I found if I jammed the mouth piece as high as it will go so the chin piece isn't exactly under my chin ( blessing of the receding chin) then I could have enough tension on the nose pieces that I didn't have to use a tourniquet to keep then in place - only some light tension to keep them pointed in the right direction. I even chopped up the small nose pieces in an attempt to make the mediums longer but that didn't work - yet. I also made a fabric gasket to keep the silicon of my upper lip. I used some Aveeno night body moisterizer on my nostrils - I had to wait until it dried however other wise everything just slid out - skating nose pieces LOL.

I did wake up at 4:30 am when I turned over and the things popped out - it took me a bit of sleepy fidgeting to get everything back in place. MY AI was .5 and AHI 4.5 my leak was lower then with the Quatro.

My eyes were still red. But the blurriness seems less. Have to see what a couple of nites do. But at least next week I will be able to say it isn't the mask pressure or leaks near the eyes.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:06 am

BlackSpinner wrote:So I made it through the night with the hybrid - small mouth piece, medium nose pieces. I found if I jammed the mouth piece as high as it will go so the chin piece isn't exactly under my chin ( blessing of the receding chin) then I could have enough tension on the nose pieces that I didn't have to use a tourniquet to keep then in place - only some light tension to keep them pointed in the right direction. I even chopped up the small nose pieces in an attempt to make the mediums longer but that didn't work - yet. I also made a fabric gasket to keep the silicon of my upper lip. I used some Aveeno night body moisterizer on my nostrils - I had to wait until it dried however other wise everything just slid out - skating nose pieces LOL.
I did wake up at 4:30 am when I turned over and the things popped out - it took me a bit of sleepy fidgeting to get everything back in place. MY AI was .5 and AHI 4.5 my leak was lower then with the Quatro.
My eyes were still red. But the blurriness seems less. Have to see what a couple of nites do. But at least next week I will be able to say it isn't the mask pressure or leaks near the eyes.
Wow sounds like you did well last night. Congrats! Hope it keeps workin for you.Image

I can't wait to get my new mask to try too. They should be here any minute!
-- Frieda Norris

catbirdgirl

Post by catbirdgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:24 pm

heck! last Tues I lost vision in my left eye for a min right around bedtime. I have been seeing an eye dr and a neurologist. you mean this could be CPAP related??

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 pm

catbirdgirl wrote:heck! last Tues I lost vision in my left eye for a min right around bedtime. I have been seeing an eye dr and a neurologist. you mean this could be CPAP related??
HI Catbirdgirl

I would never say that this IS related, for everyone.
It does appear to be for some of us.
If your mask is pushing at your eyes...The pressure can for some people, cause blurry eyes.

I would see your Dr. still.

I have not LOST vision. Just been blurry. Like I need new glasses. Who knows, I might.
But I would hate to get new glasses for hundreds of dollars...and find out if I just changed my mask, it MIGHT go away. So I am getting a new mask and trying that for a few weeks.

good luck at your Doctor.
-- Frieda Norris

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 pm

catbirdgirl wrote:heck! last Tues I lost vision in my left eye for a min right around bedtime. I have been seeing an eye dr and a neurologist. you mean this could be CPAP related??
Maybe - It can be not only the mask but also the internal air flow through the tear ducts.
However most of the time I have the problems first thing in the morning with it getting better through out the day.

I would certainly bring my mask and all the info I could find on cpap and eyes to both doctors.

atruvirgo

Post by atruvirgo » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:09 pm

I am experiencing VERY Red Irritated, Blurry Eyes every morning. I don't notice my mask leaking but, I can feel air blowing around my face from the exhaust. It is to the point that I have to put eye drops in my eyes and lay down for about 10 mintues before I can get up and get going for the day. I also get discharge from my eyes frequently. I DO NOT expereince this when I don't use CPAP. I know mine is from that but, not sure how to avoid it.

Debbie
Debbie/Atruvirgo/Armynavyx3
Proud Mom of 1 Navy & 2 Army Kids
Nana to 5 lil darlings!

Life is Grand!!