Blurry Vision Club ;)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
littleredtree2

Blurry Vision Club ;)

Post by littleredtree2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 pm

Hello everyone.

I was wondering...is it possible to have blurry vision, due to a mask pushing up into your eyes?
Or even a leakage in that area?

Have always had very poor vision, but in the last few weeks it has been terrible.

I am going to try a Fisher & Paykel HC406 Petite Nasal as soon as it gets here. Hoping that will help.
Last edited by littleredtree2 on Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
''Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them,
and you have their shoes."
-- Frieda Norris

harry33

Re: blurry vision

Post by harry33 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 pm

eye problems are common and confusing , a well selected and adjusted mask shouldnt leak any air into the eyes from the top, also most sleep with eyes shut

lower mask on face as it shouldnt contact eyes
australian,anxiety and insomnia, a CPAP user since 1995, self diagnosed after years of fatigue, 2 cheap CPAPs and respironics comfortgell nose only mask. not one of my many doctors ever asked me if I snored

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:34 pm

littleredtree wrote:I was wondering...is it possible to have blurry vision, due to a mask pushing up into your eyes?
I'd say that could be very possible.

Hope the "petite" size mask you'll be getting will fit you better.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:35 pm

littleredtree wrote:Hello everyone.

I was wondering...is it possible to have blurry vision, due to a mask pushing up into your eyes?

Have always had very poor vision, but in the last few weeks it has been terrible.

I am going to try a Fisher & Paykel HC406 Petite Nasal as soon as it gets here. Hoping that will help.
Yes I got it too - but only on one side. Don't bother with your dme - they will tell you it is impossible but it has been driving me up the wall because it is not consistent. One day I am fine and on another everything on one side is out of focus - but more like I am seeing double.

My mask doesn't leak up by my eyes (it does by my chin sometimes)
It seems worse when I am congested.
I have an apointment with an opthamologist on the 18th which will probably do nothing know nothing say nothing

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

SuperGeeky

Post by SuperGeeky » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:35 pm

In my case, when I'm excessively tired, muscles in my eyes take extra effort and concentration. In other words, if I relax, my eyes double up (double vision). But, only when I'm tired...

Deprive your cells of needed rest, you'll find out what the weakest parts of your body are and feel unexplainable pain, weakness.

Everyone is effected differently, probably keeps the Doctor's on their toes...

Good luck,

SG

raggedykat

Post by raggedykat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Let us know how it goes with the new mask. I was checking it out online and if you really like it I might order one for myself.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Mohandas Gandhi

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Please go to an ophthalmologist, or at least an optometrist - you shouldn't guess at eye problems, especially if yours aren't that great to begin with. There are many reasons for blurred vision and Cpap may only be a small one at best.

PST

Post by PST » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:38 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:I have an apointment with an opthamologist on the 18th which will probably do nothing know nothing say nothing
I've had similar complaints lately, and I have an appointment on the 17th. Maybe I'll take my mask with me, just to demonstrate where it sits on my face, in case the doctor isn't familiar with CPAP. I have other possible explanations not related to CPAP, but I want to ask anyway. My mask isn't pressing on my eyes when I go to sleep, but sometimes during the night it seems to ride up, like a bad pair of briefs, and by morning it can feel like it's pushing just a little around the rims of the bottom of my eye sockets.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:29 pm

PST wrote:I've had similar complaints lately, and I have an appointment on the 17th. Maybe I'll take my mask with me, just to demonstrate where it sits on my face, in case the doctor isn't familiar with CPAP.
Very good idea to take the mask with you to the ophthalmologist appointment! Good thinking.
PST wrote: by morning it can feel like it's pushing just a little around the rims of the bottom of my eye sockets.
I'm sure you know to show the doctor where it ends up by morning when you do your demonstration. There's no telling how much of the night is actually spent with it pushing that way. Could be for most of the night after you fall asleep and have moved your head some.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Hello

I must say… this website has the MOST caring and knowledgeable bunch I have every met.Image

Thanks for your Concern. I will see a doctor.

First. I will try a different mask. For at least a week or two. This will give me something to work with.
Then, If I am still having problems…I will go to my eye Dr.

3 days ago I tried something. In finding a way to work on this problem, I took a pair of Scissors’ to my mask…The blue Jell part. Image

I trimmed about ¼ inch or more off in the nose area. This gave me the opportunity to scoot it down on my face.

It does get it out of my eyes. But it almost closes my nose.
So it helps and it doesn’t. It also leaves the Jell with a raw edge that is very sticky and I am not sure how good that is for your skin.

My new mask was shipped today. Should be here in about 2 days.

So for the ongoing saga of finding a mask for the extremely short face goes on. I promise to let you know how it works for me.

Tell you how short my face really is…I was looking at my 4 yr olds mask for taking meds…it fit my nose good. Boy did she love that!

again thanks very much
''Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them,
-- Frieda Norris

atruvirgo

Post by atruvirgo » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:45 am

I have very irritated eyes and blurry vision. Mine is from when the air in the exhaust port blows in my face. My eyes are shut but after a few hours of it at night, they are very red in the morning,

Debbie
Debbie/Atruvirgo/Armynavyx3
Proud Mom of 1 Navy & 2 Army Kids
Nana to 5 lil darlings!

Life is Grand!!

Raj

Post by Raj » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:14 am

I'll join the Blurry Vision Club and offer some more data to consider. A few months ago, my left eye suddenly lost much of its long-distance focusing ability although its close-up acuity increased, and the situation seems to be getting worse. I did see my opthomologist, but he didn't believe CPAP could be the cause for what that's worth. My mask neither presses on my eyes nor blows in my face, but around the time the problem began, I took up wearing a sleep-mask at night, which does indeed exert mild pressure on my eyelids. Right now, I'm experimenting with sleeping without the eye-mask to see if my vision returns to normal.
Resmed AutoSet S9 with H5i humidifier/Swift FX mask/ Climateline hose/ http://www.rajlessons.com/

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 am

Last night I tried again to get my Hybrid working for me. I did about an hour - this time with a small mouth piece and large nose pieces and Rooster's stockings. I do hate the feeling of the things in my nose. I am going to have to pick up some cream or something because after an hour my nose felt like it does after a cold. Now I have issues with the mask on my skin near my eyes so this may be the same thing. I wish I could figure out how to make the nose pieces taller, if I wear a bigger mouth piece they fit in better but then the mouth piece leaks as soon as I lay down. I have to tie them down well with the Rooster stockings so then there is pressure on my upper lip where my nose starts .

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

littleredtree2

Post by littleredtree2 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:46 am

BlackSpinner wrote:Last night I tried again to get my Hybrid working for me. I did about an hour - this time with a small mouth piece and large nose pieces and Rooster's stockings. I do hate the feeling of the things in my nose. I am going to have to pick up some cream or something because after an hour my nose felt like it does after a cold. Now I have issues with the mask on my skin near my eyes so this may be the same thing. I wish I could figure out how to make the nose pieces taller, if I wear a bigger mouth piece they fit in better but then the mouth piece leaks as soon as I lay down. I have to tie them down well with the Rooster stockings so then there is pressure on my upper lip where my nose starts .

would love to know what a ROOSTER stocking is??
-- Frieda Norris

SuperGeeky

Post by SuperGeeky » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:41 am

CPAP Pro, alias 'No Mask' has an incredibly low leakage threw large 'pin holes'. You direct the exhaust where you want it to go. Used properly, CPAP Pro will correct this problem and maybe some others...

SG