Mask / Estate Sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Catnapper

Mask / Estate Sale

Post by Catnapper » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm

In another thread I told everyone about my cousin and his xpap problems. Actually he thought of more excuses not to use his machine and masks than any other newbie I know. He had another illness that took him from us in July, and we miss him so very much.

He had many masks, some he only tried on, some he wore a few times until he could think of a reason to reject them, and some he used for a couple weeks at most. I am currently visiting his widow and trying to help her deal with these masks. In the other thread, it was suggested that I ask for $50 each (plus shipping) for these nearly new masks so I wanted to start a new thread about them. If anyone is interested, please send me a PM. I will also consider best offers.

They all look very new and come from a non-smoking home with no other pets than 2 well-groomed poodles. Here is a list of the ones that are still available:

Liberty - small, with pillows, headgear and case,
Liberty - large, with pillows, headgear and case
Comfortful 2 - complete, medium with headgear
Hybrid with all sizes of pillows, cushions, case and box.
There are also a couple Resmed chinstraps if someone wants them.

Catnapper - Joanie

Babette

Re: Mask / Estate Sale

Post by Babette » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:06 pm

$50 plus shipping for a new mask is a great deal! Hope someone out there jumps on this.

My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Joanie. It must be extra agonizing knowing you tried so hard to help your cousin, and he still failed.

Hugs,
Barbar

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:48 pm

You might consider putting them on cpapauction.com as well.
Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com

Catnapper

Post by Catnapper » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:48 am

Thanks for all the PMs and notes. I am going home today, so if anyone wants to send me a PM I won't be able to respond until tomorrow.

The Quattro and Hybrid are sold.

Catnapper - Joanie

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:06 pm

I just wanted to add my 2 pence to the thread:

IMHO, Catnapper would definitely be fair in her assessment of the masks, if not understating their condition. I say this in case any relatively new CPAPper might wonder about credibility or fairness. Not only has she been a 3 year user and contributor to the forum, she has several family members involved in using CPAP as well. She is fairly well versed in the various masks and machines as a result.

I personally consider her a good friend and hope that others will not hesitate to "make a deal" with her. I know that she is doing this on behalf of her widowed sister. The loss of a loved and feisty (noncompliant) Irishman could be your chance to try a new and wonderful mask.

Karen,
Who wishes she could still use the Liberty..that Large would be MINE Image
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms