Funny Midnight Story

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
piggy mask girl

Funny Midnight Story

Post by piggy mask girl » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm

One month ago on 9/4/09 @ 3:00am I got a call from my Daughter to tell me She just gave birth to my Grandson. I in my stupor, with my full face mask, was struggling to answer the phone....with the mask still on. "Jus ta minnut!" I replied. My daughter, then is upset and frantic (after giving birth to a rather large baby). "Jus wait till I get this #@#@&&& thing off!" Finally I was successful & could talk & my poor Daughter was relieved. I began to wonder, what if I had to leave the house suddenly due to some mishap such as a fire God help me. I would probably look like some Alien such as predator. The most I could do would be to disconnect the hose. I know! I have a weird sense of humor. But I did look at this as a funny incident. Humor makes the struggles tolerable sometimes.

mars

Re: Funny Midnight Story

Post by mars » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:55 pm

piggy mask girl wrote:. I began to wonder, what if I had to leave the house suddenly due to some mishap such as a fire God help me. I would probably look like some Alien such as predator. The most I could do would be to disconnect the hose.

Hi

With a bit of practice you will be able to get your mask off in about 1 second. I have tried about 5 different masks, and at first my hand goes up to the wrong place to release it, but I soon get the hang of it. I have cut off all the quick release pulls from the masks that had them, as that takes longer than the normal release.

I think this might be quicker than disconnecting the hose, and people will not think you are a firefighter (albeit strangely dressed) when you flee the building, and hand you a firefighting hose.

Truly, a bit of practice, one second and the mask is off.

And congratulations

cheers

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

kteague

Post by kteague » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:50 pm

Yeah, answering the phone with the mask on must sound really odd on the other end. But that 3am wake up was worth it - congrats on the new grandbaby!
Kathy

SleepyNoMore

Post by SleepyNoMore » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 pm

pigg mask girl,

First of all "Congrats" on the new BABY! We have 7 of those little darlins and we love them to pieces...

My funny mask story was about a year and a half ago, we had just have our home telephone number changed and we got a worse one than we had before we changed it!!! So we start getting these calls from collection agencies for the man that used to have our new number, I explained to him that this was our new number we had just recieved from the phone company, then he proceeds to ask me if I knew the man that he was calling for, I said NO, I do not know this man so these calls continued for about a year and one day I was taking a nap and the phone rings and wakes me up, I reach over and grab it and say hello in a drowned out gurgling voice and he asks for this man that previously had my new number and I just keep say hello in that gurguling voice being hooked up to the hose with the pressure blowing at 11, lol
The collection agency man gets all butt hurt and starts cursing at me and basically told me that my f@#$%^! games weren't going to stop him from calling me and he hangs up! The calls stopped for quite awhile but have started back up so I guess i'm just going to have to hook up to the trusty old hose before answering any calls to this company... Gotta love that hose, it can be used to treat apnea and all sorts of things ha!!! I love it, I still crack up to this day thinking about that hateful old thing...

Anyone else have any funny cpap stories to share? We would love to hear them...

Thanks for sharing your funny story piggy mask girl, I enjoyed it.

PS-I use a nasal pillow mask that slips right off my head, there are no release gadgets on my (easy on, easy off) Swift 11!

SNM

Thank You "SNOREDOG" will live in our Hearts forever...

May you always have
Love to Share,
Health to Spare,
and Friends that Care. :)

SingleMom

Post by SingleMom » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:30 am

My kids use my old FF masks and hoses and dress up as bio-hazard cleaning people! Their imagination is amazing. They even run the hose down the back of whatever tshirt they're wearing. (* They keep it all very loose, so plenty of fresh air.)

piggy mask girl

Post by piggy mask girl » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:22 pm

sleep no more, i liked your story better than mine. i hate annoying phone calls.

piggy mask girl

Post by piggy mask girl » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 pm

SingleMom wrote:My kids use my old FF masks and hoses and dress up as bio-hazard cleaning people! Their imagination is amazing. They even run the hose down the back of whatever tshirt they're wearing. (* They keep it all very loose, so plenty of fresh air.)
What great Kids! I wish I had a picture of that!